Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Forum IM Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not completely sure if this is the right place, but nonetheless:

We could use an instant message chat on the Forums, or another website. Forum/PM chatting is to slow, and at some times, people who wish to contact their CotH-ees can't do so due to not being on their computer, their WoW having problems and so on.

Yes or no?
Hi, my name is muhaha8, and I approve this post.
We used to have a chat on the forum actually. But it was really never used since people would rather talk in-game, most of the time. I was almost sure we still had it since it still shows up as an option in the online list, but I can't seem to find a link to it.

I assume it's been removed or disabled, since.

I wonder if it would really be beneficial to install a new one?
I really believe so. People (Kirabo) like to talk to their fellow colleagues even when they're not on their computers, so I'd say yes.
Hmm, maybe even set it up so people without IM services can still use there phones. -example- Yahoo allows people online to 'text' their friends phones.
Mmh... Then, that'd require people to give out their cell numbers to the server population. I know I'd rather not give everybody my cell number, so...
Well I never said you'd have to. .. Wait nevermind that, there are going to be people with AK style typing. Spam on da phones!
Hehe. AK typing bothers me. That's sorta why I'd rather not give out my number. XD
We had a IRC before on the site but it wasn't used. At all. As far as I know.
I was thinking something with resemblance of the Facebook chat service. Clicky-clicky and it's open. You can still browse the forums while chatting with nubs.
Useful, but feel it will be rarily used like the previous IRC chat. ;3

I'm up for it though, add people to the friend's list and then spam them whenever on CotH. ^.~

Roawr.
Were this installed, we'd have to watch on how much resources it took up. Little do people know sometimes, installed additions take up a great amount of resources sometimes, and we already have quite a lot as it is. I'm no expert on the phpBB setting, but I currently run a quite popular forum on SMF, which may be a little heavier, it's not by much. A single new addition could overthrow my server resources and cause the site to be unstable. Kretol would know the specifics, however, but doing so would either require placing in a link to a IRC channel, which we DID have before, and it was NEVER used, ever, or he would have to find an extension to phpBB that would allow such live-chatting.

(Ain't nothin' wrong with PMing people too. ;o )