Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: xeonheart`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi, I'm a 17 year old guy from south-east Asia. ( I know, Asia. ) I am an aspiring short-novel writer with a passion for online gaming. right now, I am studying at an international college in my city. ( in my country, you can already attend college in the age of 16-17 )

I love RPGs with amazing storylines (notably final fantasy) and novels about adventure in medieval times.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the Philippines. English is my second tongue, so I can probably say that I can speak it fluently... but I do have some problems with grammar.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My circle of friends introduced me to WoW about 2 years ago. Since WoW isn't available here officially, we resorted to playing private servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My friends are power-hogs so all servers i played were pvp servers. But since I love in-depth stories alot more rather than pure "I-See-Dead-People" gameplay, I searched for an RP server on google and found this one.

I never played an RP server before, so i might be a burden or an annoyance to other roleplayers out there. but i am willing to learn how to RP and will accept criticism. please be nice :>

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Mystery Adventures. I also like fighting scenes.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Druid.
Since druids are the only class that i have seriously played with. I was usually called in by my friends to be a healer or a OMGboomkin. another reason why i love druids is their amazing adaptability skills.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope the community here can teach me "the ropes" of RP. I did my research on RP and understand what it means to be IC or OOC, just please don't rage on me if i do something wrong. :<

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing.
About the "All players on this server are expected to be familiar with the history of Azeroth" statement.

I'm quite worried about people who only started to play WoW ( like me. you might say that 2 years is long enough but it ain't for me. )

I don't have anything to say about this at the moment, but i just wanted to point that out.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is a story that i made up just about 3 days ago, when i started to play another private WoW pvp server.
This will be part of my character's introduction, so i have an intention to complete this later. :D

My name is Azgalae Hailthistle, or that's who I think I am. This name is engraved on my frayed staff, which is my only possession aside from my clothes. I am an elf with the ability to transform into creatures of the wild, a being that others call a “Druid.” I woke up in the outskirts of the blasted lands with nothing but a staff, rags of clothing and a mind full of questions.
I… have lost my memories and forgotten almost everything… my name, my capabilities, my connections, even my homeland. All that I know is that this staff… might be the answer to my questions, the key to my memories, the “Everything” to my world.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have minimal knowledge of the lore of warcraft.
but that is one reason that i made my character to be an amnesia victim. :D
Hello xeonheart! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

While amnesia in itself is rather fine, it's severely misused in many ways by many people. Just because your character does not remember their past life does not excuse you as their player to not know. There still has to be a background for the character that you're ready to provide in a character profile later. When you write a character profile, it does not matter what your character doesn't know. You still need to fill everything in. However, if you really do have a lack of knowledge of the WoW lore, that's something you can easily mend by communicating with the rest of the community here as we have quite a few people with in-depth knowledge of the World of Warcraft lore. If you take a bit of time to learn through listening, this won't be a problem for you.

As a friendly advice to you; Don't play a character with amnesia. It is rather frowned upon, especially when you play one for that reason. I'd recommend playing an easier character in that case, if you know that you need help properly portraying, say, a Night Elf Druid. There are quite a few guides on the forum, as well, to help you play a Night Elf and a Druid.

Guides to Night Elves:
- Of Night and Stars! - A Kal'dorei Guide by Dilly
- Kaldorei - A Race Guide

Guides to Druids:
- The Nature People - A Guide to Druids and Druidism
- Heroforgotten's Guide to Totemic Druids

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy