Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DK Voice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before I go, I'd like to know if a death knight have a normal voice?
No, they do not. It's all runic-like.
Nope. They sound like they do via game mechanics. Remember the first cutscene in the DK quests, with Mograine saying something like, "Glory to the Scourge!"? That is what they sound like. Metallic, almost echo-y.
If you enable DK voice in your options, you can hear what it sounds like from player DK voice-emotes, or other NPC DK's. /nod
I know, but I find it silly. I always thought they just had that because of the Lich King basically controlling them...
They have it because the lich king raised them from the dead. Its like they shouldn't really still be alive, so their voice sounds distant and artificial.
Neat.

Why aren't Forsaken like that?
It's my understanding that it has to do with the processes which raised each individual. Death Knights were raised via more powerful means than Forsaken. And even then, Forsaken have a sort of hollow-sounding voice.
Yeah. Forsaken were ressurected as true undead, rather than DK's, who were basically mass produced at the last minute, basically to be used as cannon fodder at the battle of light's hope chapel.
Out of curiosity; what happens if you are one of those -very little-, -minority-, -rare- but all-over-the-place living DKs? Still hollow voice? Even if they aren't actually raised as undeads because thru are not dead and hence alive and hence undead? And forgive the line before this; it just tends to confuse me.
I'd imagine since the same...magic...goes in to them, and all (shadow whatever is used) they'd get the same voice.
I think even the living ones have a runic voice. You know how the NPCs sound? That's what a dead one sounds like; the voice itself sounds sickly and off, and it has the echo.

The player-character's voice emotes sound like a living DK's, or a well-preserved one: Healthy, normal--but the very obvious metallic flanging is still there.
Here's a question I had trouble with: Can anyone mke his voice sound like a Death Knight using any PC program/software ?
Please, I must, I just must !
This was actually done for my last DK. Not only DK-ed, but also female-ed and gnom-ed. Takes a bit of getting to know Audacity, but not a lot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVFuMYFaBwE[/youtube]
If you have the eyes, you have the voice. Its all in the same package. Simple way to tell :)

Also, i beleive morphvox lets you change your voice to world of warcraft stuff, like deepening for orcs, or echoing for DK's. Don't hold me to it though.
Pages: 1 2