Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Twisting Nether?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have a question.

A long time ago, my character was killed then thrown into the Twisting Nether of Outland. Now, at the time I was new, so I had no idea about the idea of where people -cannot- deny you a character resurrection. Which is exactly what now that I look at it, is what this was.

So, the real question is, let's say I wanted to play this character again.

Is it possible that he was thrown in the Twisting Nether, then spat back out after a time?
Could be a malfunction in a summoning spell.
Hmm, do you mean he pops out of someone else's summoning spell, instead of what they were intending to summon?
I can't imagine a person's delight when they attempt to summon a friend only to have a corpse flop out of the rift.
I can't imagine their desire to immediately resurrect this random corpse either.

Falling into the nether constitutes having your soul torn apart by demons. Perhaps if this was ASAP after character death, maybe. But.... how long as this guy been dead?
Maybe a few months, it's quite a dilemna, any other ideas. Or could it be something where I have to tell the person who denied my character the resurrection, that we have to change what happened to the body?
There's always retconning, yep. The way the rules work, I suppose they can't refuse a retcon since it conflicts with your ability to rez.
I'd just retcon his body being tossed off of Outland, really. Just say that the body was left there, on a cliff edge, wherever he died, and revive him from there.
If you were to pop out the other side, that's weird. Very weird indeed. The more inquisitive of the Nether-summoner body may well resurrect you, just to see what you know.

And, well, maybe the demons didn't want to rip your soul apart. You might have been too, for lack of a better word, 'icky'.
You can say he landed on a floating rock.
muhaha8 Wrote:I'd just retcon his body being tossed off of Outland, really. Just say that the body was left there, on a cliff edge, wherever he died, and revive him from there.
Hmm, okay, I have to go for now, but if any people want to keep going, and offer other suggestions I'll read them later most likely. I like Ben's idea, and squirrel's since it sounds more interesting, but the retcon is always there. Still wondering how I want to do this. XD

Edit: Floating rock, interesting...
Is it 'cause you love me?