Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Portal: Starting Zones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new expansion is out! Forget Portal 2 we have Portal: Starting Zones! Ever tho-- I'll stop the nonsense.

Simple request, it might be beneficial to have GMI portals laying within the starting zones of each of the races. Something small, maybe a bit lazy, but it would be nice.
Laziness. I do approve.

However.. I think we were told that laziness is bad, and then told us to run to a capital city. D:
That's just 'cause them GM's got the self ports and the summons and the appears! Dang-nabbit!
Laziness is bad but running to a capital while dieing ten times does not count as productive work IMHO.
I approve of this.
ForsakenSoul Wrote:Laziness is bad but running to a capital while dieing ten times does not count as productive work IMHO.
I approve of this.
McKnighter Wrote:Laziness. I do approve.

However.. I think we were told that laziness is bad, and then told us to run to a capital city. D:

Extremely torn on this one.
Well, it may influence people to make Alts for events instead of having the main villain or enemy simply there for imagination. Gives more depth.
I approve.

All too many times have I simply alt tabbed out of WoW whilst my Draenei alt makes the 15 minute run from the starting zone to the Exodar.

It's not laziness.

I just don't want to be wasting time.
Spoiler:
[Image: house_do_want.jpg]

I think this is beneficial as a lot of the Capital Cities are rather far away...
I sorta want it too. I do believe this would stop people from nagging Bubbles GMs for a ride to GMI.
I approve as well; I understand that being lazy is bad, but being unproductive is worse, no? It might be a matter of "insignificance"; in my humble opinion, it all depends on whether the time spent to make the portals is really that much more work or complicated. I for one feel that its selfish to put more work on the shoulders of the GMs, but I too feel that it would be a great thing if we can just get instantaneous travels to the GMI. And if one check out on Wuvvums point, it might actually save the GM some work as well.

A point of note; how many players new to CoTH even know that you can go to GMI as a hub to proceed on to other roleplay destinations? It might be more newbie-friendly if we can have a portal straight from the start, instead of new players running like headless chickens trying to understand what to do next but are too afraid of asking on global chat in fear of being ridiculed; personal experience here. xD I totally spammed Lost for like 10 minutes straight before knowing of this thing called GMI.
I saw a portal to GMI in the starting zone for humans. I assume this has been approved!

\o/