Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Characters. AMG! So many!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are over a few billion different unique humans which can be created simply from genes, completely ignoring environmental stimuli and mutations. While WoW only has somewhere around like 25 different genes in-game for a human to change? [[Hur hur pre-set physical traits]] the underling fact remains the same.

Characters all have unique things about them, I realize that. But then there are certain "groups" a character can fit in. Race, physical conditions, psychological conditions, allegiance... and then of course there are groups that fit into other groups the most, like Orcs in the New Horde whom can then be classified as a "Normal Orc" under the perspective of a majority of other peoples.

All of the previous ranting was to build up credibility of knowledge and background clarification of this question; What kind of characters do people want the most in CotH? In the past I had serious trouble settling down anywhere primarily due to the inability to make a character to actually fit into some particular group, especially one of military discipline; or to put it simply I had no flipping idea what I wanted to do. I was also quite vain as far as what the appearance of said character would be. <___< that's much less of a concern now.

Now I really could care less if a group was militaristic or not; the realm of Azeroth sort of centers on that idea of staying in a particular faction or group.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short: I am thinking of trying to pop into the role playing vibe on CotH, but do not know what character I want to play. I always like trying to make characters people think that would most benefit the server I go to. What do you, the reader, think? Such as characters with some sort of debilitating defect, physical or mental/emotional, a character starting out* in a particular faction/region, a particular profession... etc!
Please note how I underlined "think that would most benefit the server". What I mean is not a character who will influence events the most. I mean a particular character 'trait/archetype' that they, the players, wished they saw more of. Nothing more, nothing less.

*Everyone has to start somewhere. I completely realize that characters should, ideally, not be made to fit into one particular role. Everyone grows up somewhere though, do they not?

**I'm not going to just make a copy-pasta character someone else suggests. While I love pasta as much as any other pasta lover, i'm just looking for good ideas here, not the "Play as Timster, the [insert description here]!" suggestion.

Thanks for reading through everything! Sorry if this question was idiotic or so. Sorry if I missed a "Wanted charcters" thread as well, though I hope you realize the difficulty in using a search with the words "Wanted characters" on a forum with as many posts as this one. I hope I don't get bashed for doing/saying something wrong... but, of course, that will most likely happen. Murphy's law ASSURES IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. but if it does, oh well!

~ME ^.^

Edit: Don't forget, it has to be an Orc female!!
HERP DERP
The best answer? Whatever you want. There is such a diversity of characters around that whatever you make, you'll be able to fit in somewhere. And the threads you might be looking for are here: viewforum.php?f=121

But one thing to keep in mind is where you character can go. Most of the open RP is at Booty Bay at the moment, so you might want to make sure your character can go there fine.

Different people want different things. Take me for example, I would love you if you played a Gnome or a Troll. Seeing as they are the best two races. Period. Anyway, I'm probably not being very helpful...

Anway, as I said...Whatever you want! Go with what you think you'd like to roleplay, whether it be a manically depressed warrior with a dark past, an eccentric gnome who likes explosions...A warlock who likes to kill stuf. Lots of stuff. Etc etc. Whatever you choose there will be a place for that character.

TL;DR: Gnome.
Dwarf.
Actually, playing a character with some kind of illness is better than one might think. It's interesting to have a weakness that your character cannot cure. I have a char with a heart disease that gives her seizures. She also only has a few more years to live.
Spark Wrote:Different people want different things. Take me for example, I would love you if you played a Gnome or a Troll. Seeing as they are the best two races. Period. Anyway, I'm probably not being very helpful...

Hey, don't say that! You have said exactly what you wished. Which was that you honestly did not mind whatever character I made but, of course, your own preference is that of Gnome and Troll character 'categories'.

Also, thank you for the thread. At first glance I believed that a thread named "Personals" was like a character log archive or a short story section. Seems I was gravely mistaken [[What did I freakin' tell you?! THE LAW OF MURPHY HAS STRUCK AGAIN!]]
But, this thread seems to be more akin to a character request. I'm generally bad at trying to play pre-made characters mostly because i'm so afraid I will mess the concept up. It is much easier to create a character with a general concept in mind instead of having many more guidelines to follow such as what a character request would most likely ask for. Thinking back on this entire post, however, it may have been a better idea to post this in Personals, perhaps. Bah, humbug ;< This thread subdetail said "General discussion of CotH!" So I was like "Yeah, this is SO general!"

-------------------------------------

Any and all wishes of a player is what I am looking for, which includes their general and personal preferences.

Also, Roxas, I do think of roleplaying characters with a true debilitation [[Such as the heart disease you mentioned]] as an interesting concept. The only thing I wish to look out for here is the "lolsnowflake" character. I personally actually like people who make 'specail stand-out' characters - so long as it is believable and that they have fun with their character i'm happy ^^ But, I realize there are others who do not like people trying to make overly special characters, ones who stick out and break the majority perceived concept of "Normal". Certain illnesses can be precised as an effort to break away from this norm and thus annoy certain people, which I do not wish to do.

I guess you could say another point of this post is to gain an appeasement of others by avoiding the 'You and your stupid "special characters"!' issue.

Note: Lol quick replies are awesome ^^
Generally I tend to enjoy it when a character is at least a little racist. While this might prevent you from getting some RP, or make you shunned by the lovey-dovey characters... it makes the character more realistic in my eyes.
Racism is appropriate where racism is due~ ^^. Another big thing I try to play into all of my characters no matter the situation is fear. Lately i've been going to such extremes as to say that said character(s) are still afraid of the dark to a very noticeable degree [[Umbraphobia! whooo~]] I once had a character here that I played... briefly, where I had actually gotten into fearful situations and was able to roleplay said fear, failing miserably in most of that character's attacks in the process. I should try making a character who would outright run this time, though.

If I miss an event because of it, I miss an event. Oh well. For some reason, you mentioning racism made me think of that =O

In the past I was always good with spelling out what races my characters liked and disliked, though as of the past two or three years i've never been in a situation where racism was required. I totally forgot about that! =O

Edit: Oh, but wait... then what sort of group would said character ever be able to get into? Hmm...
Every single one of my characters are racist to some degree; but that doesn't stop menfrom getting them into nearly any RP I want him or her to partake in. Just make the character willing to grudgingly accept he needs to be around <X> race. Toss out a few insults and/or witty remarks, and everyone gets the gist that you're not comfortable with the person (ICly at least) while still being able to RP.
I point you to Sha'dash. So racist he won't even go to Moonglade anymore. Luckily, he's not my only character. XD. Although, yes, Racism is needed.
Oh, when I mentioned

Quote:Edit: Oh, but wait... then what sort of group would said character ever be able to get into? Hmm...

I was speaking of a massive fear to... well, a lot of things. I am rather tired of trying to do things free-lance and just hoping things will work out, you know? But what kind of group would let in a pussy one without the guts to deal with the dark, along with pain and other things? XD

Racism is just fine~ [[Not really. But you guys know in what context that racism is good =P]]
Quote:Racism is just fine~ [[Not really. But you guys know in what context that racism is good =P]]

That's a matter of opinion. I'm a racism only type of person, as I believe, especially with Night Elves (see Sha'dash), that all should be racist. Although, more people should play fears, yes.
I got kicked out of a guild on the retail for my human being racist against elves. According to Azeroth's Lore much of the world's problems stem from the elves. Some are direct causes and others are snowball events. Since Azeroth's written historical records do show this and are accessible to our characters it seemed viable to have a racist toon. Sadly, they didn't like it and even tho I was willing to drop the racism, I had already upset the GM who apparently LOVED elves.
Bah, retail. You'd have no such thing here (I hope).
Spark Wrote:The best answer? Whatever you want.
I think about that, I have Spark has said enough. Whatever you enjoy, that's what you should play! :mrgreen:

SweetSpirit Wrote:But, I realize there are others who do not like people trying to make overly special characters, ones who stick out and break the majority perceived concept of "Normal".
One thing I have learned (both in life and Azeroth) for my short life (yeah, be jealous, most of you... me is young! ^^) is that no one is normal (yes, mentally too). Every human has a unique qualities for themselves only. We're not made in a factory... everyone is different. And even though most people tend to gather in groups of common interests/skills/qualities/etc, none of them can be the same as the others. If someone tells you something like "they are all the same idiots" or "I really don't see a difference between any of the teenagers"... do not believe! Everyone has something special about them. That's what makes us real people, right? :)
If I were to recommend one, I would reccomend a tough, very pro-horde orc. Ive seen a few orcs, a few who frown on humans, but I've never seen one that was both tough, and would have to be restrained from killing a human on sight. A Garrosh Hellscream figure. I've not seen one for a long time,and they are so very awesome.

Or a Heterosexual, monogamous, female night elf. They are also very rare. *nod*
Pages: 1 2