Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A new OOC portal point.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If it would be possible, due to the creation of the Northern Alliance, and just the general lack thereof of a portal to the region. I would like to have an ooc teleporter and a point to teleport to like at Refuge Point for the Alliance or perhaps a neutral point just at the Thoradin Wall?

Reason being, the whole region is easily accessed from that point and it is hard to get over there without a massive run on your hands.
Isn't there a portal to Scholomance, which is like, a minute or two from Refuge Point?
Beltharean Wrote:Isn't there a portal to Scholomance, which is like, a minute or two from Refuge Point?
I know this. And understand it, however, low level characters have a corpse hop, unless they are in their twenties, they can go from Shadowfang.

It was just a thought.
I agree with this. I also think that OOC portals should be put in the level 1 - 5 areas.
Role-playing is fleeting. What is a populous area one day is a desert town the next.

The proliferation of portals has been something kept in check in recent months. So far, portals are only included to high-traffic areas (Towns), areas of interest (Catacombs) or -and this is predominantly the case- areas that cannot be reached (The Anchorage, The Jail) by any normal means accessable to the player.

It is unlikely that we will make a portal to an area until it is found that, by doing so, we will be providing a positive benefit to the RPing there.
Well the Northern Alliance consists 4 or 5 guilds each of which has five members at least and our RP is pretty much restricted to the Northern Parts of Eastern Kingdoms.

While there are portals going to instances(closest one being SFK), it is still quite a hike to get to many of the areas we RP in.
By a simple form of logic. Why not make the teleporters have zone ports that just have one of each zone and have a certain point close to the middle of the zone as the point you arrive at. No need for a portal on the other side. Just the abiliy to head to the zone with ease?

Then you could remove some of the pressure of zones being harder to get too maybe? And not have to fight with people about "what seems good for RP". As you said, it is "fleeting", why not make it easier to get around to stop these questions from coming up as often?

And quite right Charizard.
Brutalskars Wrote:Why not make the teleporters have zone ports that just have one of each zone and have a certain point close to the middle of the zone as the point you arrive at.

If what you are implying is that there should be portals to every RP-able zone that send you to a center or near-center point...Then I agree with you. I think that is a good idea.

However, we are not in a habit of making portals specifically for one group until they have shown that the area in question is a valuable spot for role-playing.

I would suggest getting some RP in the area and keeping it going. If you can show that, through your group's activities, you can foster the RP there then I willhappily throw my vote behind creating a portal.

However, this ultimately rests in the hands of Kretol.
In all fairness, it is kind of hard to get RP going in a place if it's a 15 minute corpse drag from the nearest port-in.
What I'm going to do (well, I've already done so) is create a few dynamic GO portals (like the original Shatterspear and GMI portals). The good thing about these is that I can change the coordinates they use on the fly. Therefore, after the next restart I'll be able to make use of them. They'll be named very general things (like Dynamic Portal 1, Dynamic Portal 2, etc.), but they'll get the job done!
They'll be able to get used for both persistent events/RP as well as popular (well, what seems to be popular ATM) destinations.
Couldn't you create portals where players theirselves could change the coordinates? It would make it easier for people to access their favorite areas.
I'm afraid not.
To give a thought, way back we used to have a hearthstone we could purchase at the old OOC zone. (Then you had effectively, two hearthstones which was really nice.) Maybe something such as this can be returned?

Or Perhaps the purchase of additional hearthstones, of which a player can set locations to themselves by the nearest innkeepers of that region? (In other words, you talk to the tavernkeep like normal, click 'set hearthstone' and then you can pick one of the x amount of hearthstones.)

With this, you could easily use the OOC portals to teleport around, but if you truly enjoy a place so much you can 'favourite' it, by putting it on one of your hearthstones. Though, that might include some major coding which I'm truly not aware off.

Another idea are hearthstones purchasable at tavern keeps, so that you can simply purchase a specific hearthstone for that specific tavern. Though, that might be another coding / major thing to do, to add a specific hearthstone to each innkeeper.

I just figured I'd share my thoughts, though I can understand them being nigh to impossible. ^.^