Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: wants to patch in WoW, already at 3.3.5a though. D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used a torrent to patch me to this, from 3.2 all the way to 3.3.5a because the files linked in the how-to did not work.

So, I've done this, yet it still wants to patch.

I've already changed the realmlist, and gone through all of the linked guides.

So, is there a way around this, or what? Thanks

Edit: This is happening when I skip past the launcher as well, and just go directly to Wow, which I've renamed Wow.exe.bak
Wow.exe.bak?

o_o?

It might be easier for you if install from here.

It has a folder you can install, then each patch. Known to work.
Aphetoros Wrote:Wow.exe.bak?

o_o?

It might be easier for you if install from here.

It has a folder you can install, then each patch. Known to work.
It was in the guide to do that, not sure why, but it was there.

I've installed all of the patches, and am patched. The problem is every time I log in under dwellufool (which now it's just stuck in the handshaking after I log in) it says "Patch required" and I have to restart, I stop the patch every time of course.
Problem solved itself?
Alright them.
Just to note, the instruction is to rename Launcher.exe, not Wow.exe. That said, what did you use to try and extract the patch?

(Posted from my phone!)
Kretol Wrote:Just to note, the instruction is to rename Launcher.exe, not Wow.exe. That said, what did you use to try and extract the patch?

(Posted from my phone!)
Winrar, the problem only occurred with 3.2.0, the first linked in your guide.
It appeared as a single program, rather than individual patches.

Upon opening the rar file, I got a message saying "Unexpected end of archive" from the diagnostic.
Again, this only happened with the 3.2 patch. The rest were fine, but I just ended up using a patch torrent that went from 3.2 to 3.3.5a
I got the corrupted archive message in both the 3.x > 3.2 and the 3.2 > 3.3 archives.
I also used winrar, and before that windows' standard program.
I used 7zip to compress all the files. Perhaps other programs don't like the format it uses. If that's the case, I'll either simply use the 7z format or... Something.

(Posted from my phone!)