Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Priestesses of the Moon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Despite the rather silly word 'Priestesses' in the title (go ahead, laugh it it. Get it out of your system. Come on... Just a little chuckle.), this is indeed a serious question. Oh no! Questions, what if it doesn't have an answer? Well, thankfully in this case it does, and shouldn't be too much of a cause for discussion! Before I ramble further, I should just go ahead and ask I suppose.

The Priestess of the Moon is a rather large part of Night Elf society, and for good reason. That being said, we have two of these priestesses on the server, but I'm a bit confused about their ability to be played. Tarania, Scout's Priestess of the Moon went through a prestige process quite a while ago, long before the new prestige system. However, also before the implementation of the new system, Jaedis seems to be a Priestess of the Moon as well.

Both profiles are accepted, so I'm not really sure which we use as a server; That Night Elf Women with the hunter or priest class can choose to be them, or if they need to go through rigorous training of a Prestige character.
I think to use all of the prestige abilities, you need to do some storyline, I don't know.
I believe it is both.

Not all priestesses (hur) will be the prestige version, every priestess in night elf society will be 'of the moon' since htier deity is Elune, the moon godess, some will be the 'elite' version.
Nostra Wrote:I believe it is both.

Not all priestesses (hur) will be the prestige version, every priestess in night elf society will be 'of the moon' since htier deity is Elune, the moon godess, some will be the 'elite' version.

So a 'Regular Priestess of the Moon' could only cast 'regular priest spells', and not the 'bow-oriented' skills of the 'Elite Priestess', but the 'Elite Priestess' could still use the abilities of the 'common Priestess'?

Kinda like the difference between a gladiator and a Gladiator?
Yar. Just like how a buccaneer is just a pirate. But a Buccaneer can cast prayers to change the weather etc, never be snuck up on, all this stuff.
Capitalization is everything!
I has a question related to this.

Can there be Priests of the Moon?
Priests of the Moon would be horrifically rare. Before the Third War, there would of been no male Priests in Kaldorei society as far as I know.

I'd be inclined to say, no if you are talking about the male counterpart to the prestige Priestess of the Moon. Due to Elune being a female Goddess she is much more inclined to have female avatars.
BountyHunter Wrote:Priests of the Moon would be horrifically rare. Before the Third War, there would of been no male Priests in Kaldorei society as far as I know.

I'd be inclined to say, no if you are talking about the male counterpart to the prestige Priestess of the Moon. Due to Elune being a female Goddess she is much more inclined to have female avatars.

It's the same dealio as those Female Druids. It was rare, sure, but cross-classing could be done, although the character would be incredibly looked down upon by his/her superiors and colleagues.