Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Not really sure where this would go...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey CotHer's! As the title states, I'm not really sure where this idea would go, but here goes nothing:

GM Team, is it at all possible to give a player the ability to fly or modify their speed temporarily?
I'm just asking, because I found some awesome RP areas on an all-GM server I fool around on, and I wanted to show you guys exactly where it is.

Here is a list of a few of said locations:

:arrow: Above the Plaguelands, to the Northwest, there is a blank area of mountains and plains, and behind them, near the water, is an elven-looking ruined sanctuary.

:arrow: Behind the Gilnean Wall, which is only possible to fly behind, lies a moderately sized city. I'm not sure, though, if the server would allow us back there, even with a portal.

:arrow: This area just requires a flying mount in Nagrand, but nonetheless is worth checking out. There are several floating islands in Nagrand, and on one of them, close to the bordering mountains with Zangarmarsh, is an island with apples and a crate littered about, and a skeleton with an axe in it's head. The island is not too big, but is big enough to coincidentally stumble upon while flying.

:arrow: Also, the various mountain ranges that populate Outland and Azeroth are inaccesible to players, without having a GM port. It would be nice if we could possibly get a portal to a few mountain ranges, therby providing amazing scenery and backdrops for mountaineering expeditions, or Spiritual hideaways.

*EDIT:*
:arrow: In Plaguelands, there is an empty crypt that could be used for some Evil RP. However, some mobs might need to be cleared for lowbies to access this area safely.

:arrow: There is an island off of Theramore Isle, somewhere to the east, and it could make for some good creepy or horror RP, however it is filled with hordes of elites who swarm you if you try to enter.
Wow I like the last location! It sounds cool. :) I always like getting a large view on things, and the setting is almost classic.
The ability to fly and give speed is a command given to people with a GM Level of at least 2. The only way it is turned on and off is by them.

If you're asking for players to have access to a fly and speed command, I wouldn't personally recommend it. It can be abused easily and there is a lot of untextured areas within Azeroth as it wasn't made for flying mounts before Cataclysm.
You might as well include that one crypt that is empty but it's awesome looking. :P
@NightLight
That last location could also include the mountains of Dun Morogh or even the Arathi or Hillsbrad areas. That way, the Northern Alliance RP I see a lot more of could use the mountains for some Events or RPz.

@ Bounty
I know Bounty, but I believe GM's can use the command on a player, much like the level command. Also, if it was given to us, and someone decided to abuse it, then they would be punished severely.

@Sherbert
That area could be added to the list! Thank you! It hadn't crossed my mind
Oh, by the way, the area being the Gilnean wall is empty. The city was likely made by people on that server.

Plus, the problems with doing that is the fly command would need to be restated to their character upon every log in, the speed command also coincidentally increases run speed and you would lose the actual ability to jump. Not to mention it makes the obstacle course incredibly easy.
Sherbert Wrote:You might as well include that one crypt that is empty but it's awesome looking. :P

If you mean the one by Karazhan, that's already been turned into an underground city of evil here. It's called the Catacombs.
@Bounty
Ok thanks for the Gilnean Wall input. About the commands. As stated in the OP if not giving that command to everyone, then just to me or maybe a few so we could point out the exact locations. Also, the ability to jump is only hindered with the fly command, as the speed command simply increases movement speed. Jumping is still possible, and....Wait what Obstacle Course?

Edit: Well...damn.. I gotta go to work -right- now.. I'll be back in a few hours to continue this lively chat. :D
Yup, obstacle course in GMI! ^.^

Anywho! The problem with that is, as far as I am aware, you cannot give players selective commands. There are levels of security, GMLevel 0 through to 5. All players are GMLevel 0, Trials are GMLevel 1, Normal GMs are GMLevel 2 then there is something and something else and Kretol is GMLevel 5. As a Trial GM, I don't get access to fly or speed commands, it is a GMLevel 2 thing.
I do find these locations quite interesting. Having some sort of ability to access them for RP purposes would be rather delightful.

Portals, perhaps?
Or a few stacked.. say.. boxes to use for climbing?
@Bounty
Ok. I guess the commands will not be available then. I'll try to find a way to show you guys where they are exactly sometime.

@Wolohoo
The portals can be placed, it's simply a matter of deciding the exact location. Also with the boxes, that could be done for the mountaineering expeditions as a trail made by the locals.
Updated with a new location! If you guys have any more locations I should list just post it in here, and I'll locate it via awesumness.