Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Leveling rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just as something I noticed. Because we start out so low a level, its a long process of leveling your charcter (even with accelerated rates) to get to 40.

Because alot of people would rather RP (it being an RP server) Its often hard to go to places quickly (with no mount) and to extravigant places (Because we get eaten).

As a sugestion, perhaps have players start out at 40, and make it so they can't level at all. This way, players would be able to obtain a mount, and have access to higher level instances quicker to gain RP items and go straight into Roleplaying.

Rather than spend a large amount of time leveling, then having to wait longer to find someone to RP, that isn't just going to be the "tea-party" setting in the Tavern?
Personally, I feel that characters should be able to roleplay without a dagger or peice of armor gathered from an instance. Why are more and more characters becoming dependant on items?

I know you can't act as an upper class noble snob if you look like a commoner but clothes can easily be bought at Shatterspear Village.

I don't see why people are so inclined to level up rather than mingle with the rest of the community anyway. It makes you look a little outcasted if half the sever if roleplaying with out another and you're there leveling up alone.

If anything, I think the leveling rate is too high and I'd rather not see any new player be poofed to 40 right away. It can easy be abused.
Neither mounts nor high level gear is necessary to roleplay. Really, it's not. And mounts can be gained at 30 now, which is not hard to get by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not seeing the issue. People should be thankful that we have a way to get them to 70 instantly at all.
The problem is, people arn't Roleplaying. And yes, sure gear shouldn't be an issue, but it -is- a fact that people want their character to look better. I personally, have found lowbie sets, and I'm fairly capable of stylising my characters, but thats not what I'm pointing out.

There is only an odd event where people gather, and its been priorly organised. (Rarely I see over 4 people at once RPing together) And because of this,
Quote:It makes you look a little outcasted if half the sever if roleplaying with out another and you're there leveling up alone.
Again, its not half the server Roleplaying together... Its Over half the server Leveling up by themselves.

Just wondering, why is it such a problem if everyone is 70? (Not trying to be arrogant, just curious)

And also, its alot easyer saying what you have, from your position. Your firstly, allready there, and you have most the control. I personally, am trying to get a server side event going with a good v evil thing going on, because the Tavern RP... Kinda has the nick name "Tea party" Role Play, cause people are just sitting around talking about the weather...

Don't get me wrong, I love this server compared to others. Firstly, your GM's and moderators are -FAR- more curtious and polite than other servers. Where "Elitist's" really don't care about anyone else but themselves.

I'm just making these sujestions, because I hope that I can help the server. i'm not trying to disrespect anything.
There was a time when we used to auto-level everyone. Never again.

This just attracts too much of the PvE/lewt/shiny-oriented crowd.
Ah, I get what you mean. I wont push that point then.