Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Unknown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got to a relative's house, and connected to the internet. I even noted before the problem started, that their internet seemed to be a bit faster than mine, which was strange since I have Fios at my house. In any case, I log in fine, but as soon as I actually get in game everyone around me shows up as 'unknown,' and if they were walking at the time begin to run in place. It's strange because, as I said, the internet seems to be working perfectly fine. If anyone knows how I could fix it that'd be awesome because honestly... I don't want to be stuck in this house the whole weekend with no WoW. :(
Clear cache?
That was the first thing I tried, but regretfully it didn't work
For now, I can only suggest to browse the WoW tech support forums. Other than that, ensure there's no firewall blocking anything.
Restarting my computer helps with weird WoW issues sometimes.
It really is pretty strange. I mean, Pingtest backed up my thought that the internet was still solid; And I was just using WoW fine last night. I couldn't really find any answers anywhere that worked about how to fix the problem however...

[Image: 38480372.png]
I use a mac, so the GM's solution didn't really do anything for me. :(
FIXED!

Scout, in all her greatness, taught me how to set a new Hosted Application, so my Firewall would accept the incoming data from WoW. Apparently, and these are her words since I know nothing about computers, the reason it was 'unknown' was because my computer was loading the environments, but not receiving any information.
All I did was got him to forward his port for World of Warcraft so that his firewall wouldn't block it anymore.

EDIT: If anyone else has a similar connection problem, then tell me and I'll try to help.