Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Learning Shields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sprung from this I would like more classes be able to learn shields as an ability. It would make sense, they're not that hard to use, and one can't really say, "Lul, you has no reason for shields." Someone's character may be paranoid and have a shield for protection, even if they're a rogue. It's an OOC limitation for balance. For example, I want my death knight to use a one-handed mace and a shield, but he can't wield shields!
How about we get shield models, for the dagger skill?
So you actually have an off-hand dagger, but it looks like a shield?
Well Death Knights don't have dagger skill either but yeah I agree, shields would be quite interesting to have as an any class.
I concur.

Anyone can pick up a shield, but to use it right is a other matter. Still, I can imagine some of the tougher merchants wearing a shield to protect their wares. Maybe it's a simple wooden buckler, but yeah. I tend to pick warrior class for just about any IC class, so they can use armors/weapons and shields accordingly.

Not saying I got mages disguised as warriors OOCly, but most of my more rogue like characters are warriors. (Kylianne anyone?) Probably not the best argument, but I'd like to see shields for DK's and such, although I never really played a DK, it's nice to have the option there.