Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Man and His Horse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

A Man and His Horse
· · ·
Four Empty Graves

The wind blew, and I ran. My feet hit the ground with heavy pounding and I continued on with my eyes on the ground. The man lead me through a heavy part of the woods, where spiders and leaves littered the ground. The wind continued to blow in an odd direction, it speared me in the side, cold and bitter. It was warmer where we were going. I ran and ran, my chest pounding until I could run any more. Just as I felt I was about to collapse, the man dug his heels into my side and I skidded to a stop a few feet ahead, stepping backwards. I looked up and saw nothing. The man got off of my back in silence and went through the bags that rested on my hips. He slung his gun over his shoulder and walked off into the woods, leaving me to stand by the end of the road. I trotted around a bit as the wind cut leaves like razors across my back and side. The trees above groaned as they were pushed around, their bases making a horrible symphony. I lifted up my head as a crack in the air stood the hairs on my neck. I looked back and forth and exhaled, whatever it was didn't happen close by. It wasn't long before the man came walking back, throwing away the rest of his cigarette and climbed on again. I ran.

The wind blew, and we continued out of the woods. The man said nothing, as usual, and we picked up at a high speed again. He guided me into a grassland, yellow as far as the eye can see. He soon pulled me off of the road, and I ran through the grass. It hurt my feet, and the underbrush cut me sometimes. I ran a little bit slower, and nearly tripped on an overturned log. Eventually, we came to a stop, and the man got off. I held my head high in the sunlight, the breeze pushing the underbrush on my chest. He walked over, and I turned to look. The man did not vanish, but was speaking to another. The men traded something, and he walked back, and got on in silence, not a word spoken. We started off on a walk, and with my eyes on the ground, I saw three filled graves. The fourth was hollow. It wasn't long until I ran again. Always running.