Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Elementals..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

'Ello, I made a separate account for asking stupid questions so I don't end up getting banned or something for asking a really stupid question XD Or get a really bad rep, so if you suspect who I am I ask you, do not express your opinion or guess on who I am :P. Now on to the question: I was wondering if Elementals (fire, earth, air, water elementals) were allowed as a playable race, I read up on the lore of Elementals and it is possible for a elemental to come to Azeroth out of its own free will, whether it be disliking the fighting in the planes or to pillage. I could easily see a Elemental tired of the fighting going on in the plains and on its own free will leave and join one of the factions. To sum it up: Is playing an Elemental allowed?
Custom Model Profile.

Please don't make second accounts to ask questions.

viewforum.php?f=150
An elemental should not be able to join a faction, however, as they are chaotic beings, can speak only to shamans. And let's be realistic, who would want a walking inferno, tornado, earthquake, or tsunami in their town.
Aphetoros Wrote:An elemental should not be able to join a faction, however, as they are chaotic beings, can speak only to shamans. And let's be realistic, who would want a walking inferno, tornado, earthquake, or tsunami in their town.

Mages can tame them as well, and they can speak common.
You know what... If the man/lady can pull it off I would love to see it done. It would be a nice new twist to the role play on the server. Plus we already have some serious RP'd power houses so imo an elemental would be neat to see... if it is done on a reasonable level.
Well, according to Ragnaros, they can speak common. Though, he's quite the powerful elemental, and I don't think that would apply to the basic everyday one.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Talk:Ragnaros#Ragnaros_quotes

Speaking of which. Check out their page on wowwiki, it should answer some questions.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Elementalquite the

Quote:An elemental should not be able to join a faction, however, as they are chaotic beings, can speak only to shamans. And let's be realistic, who would want a walking inferno, tornado, earthquake, or tsunami in their town.

Quote:Mages can tame them as well, and they can speak common.

Both of these are correct, save that Mages do not tame them so much as they enslave them. Though, keep in mind, only greater elementals can speak common (very few of them do - most don't care enough to learn it!). Minor ones (the ones mages summon, mostly) can not speak common, only knowing how to speak Kalimag and how to acknowledge orders from whomever their master might be. They are servants to greater elementals or the person who summoned them.

An elemental would really have no reason to join any faction. They are a neutral force, and don't particularly care about the affairs of the people off their plane.

If you think about it, they're pretty selfish. 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine'.

Xigo Wrote:Well, according to Ragnaros, they can speak common. Though, he's quite the powerful elemental, and I don't think that would apply to the basic everyday one.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Talk:Ragnaros#Ragnaros_quotes

Speaking of which. Check out their page on wowwiki, it should answer some questions.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Elementalquite the

Quote:An elemental should not be able to join a faction, however, as they are chaotic beings, can speak only to shamans. And let's be realistic, who would want a walking inferno, tornado, earthquake, or tsunami in their town.

Quote:Mages can tame them as well, and they can speak common.

Both of these are correct, save that Mages do not tame them so much as they enslave them. Though, keep in mind, only greater elementals can speak common (very few of them do - most don't care enough to learn it!). Minor ones (the ones mages summon, mostly) can not speak common, only knowing how to speak Kalimag and how to acknowledge orders from whomever their master might be. They are servants to greater elementals or the person who summoned them.

An elemental would really have no reason to join any faction. They are a neutral force, and don't particularly care about the affairs of the people off their plane.

If you think about it, they're pretty selfish. 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine'.
It would be a kind of "i scratch your back you scratch mine", as I was going to attempt to pull off a water elemental who worked with the alliance (as they have less shamans, and shamans enslave) who healed the wounded in exchange for a safe place, my 2nd idea was also a water revenant who did minor healing and guarded towns. Note these are both very very vague ideas that could completely change, ive been thinking about for the water elemental who heals to sometimes poison mages/shamans for enslaving their kind.
Grogloki Wrote:You know what... If the man/lady can pull it off I would love to see it done. It would be a nice new twist to the role play on the server. Plus we already have some serious RP'd power houses so imo an elemental would be neat to see... if it is done on a reasonable level.
He wasn't going to be a super powerhouse, more so just a healer :P Yes it was Venixblast doing that...sorry was unaware I wasn't allowed to make 2nd accounts for that lol. I noticed I have to be grunt+ to make a special one : / So it won't be for a month+ till I even submit him/her..Oh well, that will give me a lot of time to make a novel for his/her story, read up on tons of elemental lore :P Also with the "they only speak kalimag" I could either A. After awhile he/she eventually learned common, or B. He/she just knew what to via actions ex. A injured soldier being brought to his feet and they'll like point to the soldier and act out healing, making him/her realize what to do. Both of these are just ideas of how I could make it work. With the "their selfish" thing I could easily have a "he didn't want to be killed by some adventurer and he just wanted a peaceful time" since the plane of elements is 24/7 war. Also a "friendly water elemental" is easily believable considering their leader is friendly to adventurers, unlike most of the others.

EDIT: Ok, I have a very very very rough draft of him so far, I posted him over in the workshop, he will unfortunately have to stay there until I am one day promoted to a grunt, ill keep the post alive and active don't worry, you can go check it out and give your thoughts there. Have fun!
Eh, sorry to burst your bubble, but you're supposed to make a normal character profile first, to get bumped to grunt title before posting a custom model profile.

Also, I'm liking the idea, though you'll have heaps of trouble trying not to powergame with such power the elementals have.

Example:
[Insert epic elemental name here] casts a healing wave which spreads all across Azeroth and Outland, saving more than thousands of lives from certain death.

Nuh-uh, good sir. /shakes head

Good luck with this, either way, and I'm there if you need any help!
You gotta be a peon before you even make a char profile, iirc.
Look. Shaman do not enslave elementals. They work with elementals.

Quote:water elemental who heals to sometimes poison mages/shamans for enslaving their kind.

... What? No. No, this wouldn't happen unless the elemental was corrupted.

Please, go to wowwiki and look these things up before you post about them.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowpedia.org]www.wowpedia.org</a><!-- w -->