Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Vaelren`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've been roleplaying for around 5 years now. Actually started at Town Square on battlenet, then went browsing around and found some forums. My roleplaying style is usually blunt and to the point, but still with plenty of description and attention to detail. As far as forums go, I probably have an average of around 500 to 600 word posts, and I love immersing myself into character. My strengths as far as writing go definitely revolve around battle and hangin' in taverns, pubs, and city squares. Other than that, I'm an avid heavy metal fan and I'm fairly easy going.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Indiana, USA. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've always been a big fan of fantasy, as well as Blizzard games. I didn't actually hear about Warcraft until I bought the expansion set for Diablo 2 and saw a promo for Warcraft 3. After seeing the screenshots I immediately went out and bought it, and I've loved the land of Azeroth ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Lost my connection to the internet a few years ago. Actually used to RP at a little server called panda, but apparently it's either taken a new direction or a PvP server took its name. This place looked like something I'd really enjoy since it's fully committed to RP, and most of the time I get harassed and heckled when trying to do it on the official RP servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love taking part in full scale battles, epic journeys wrought with peril, and one on one scuffles. I either have a character that's a loner or one that's involved in an army or a small party of adventurers. So, pretty much I enjoy all aspects of roleplaying. Writing and character development are my greatest passions.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races include human and orc if playing as a warrior. If I'm not roleplaying as a berserker or a swordsman, I'm usually playing as an Elven Ranger. I'm really big with the nostalgia races and character types of high fantasy

What are your expectations of this server?:
That I will be able to meet a lot of people with the same passions as mine, and get some great, quality roleplaying while I'm at it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills. It really kills the experience for me when I roleplay with someone that constantly uses incorrect grammar and spelling.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The ranger eyed the hulking beast with a glare wrought with hatred as he drew his arrow back. Three of his finest lay sprawled on the ground in pools of their own blood, and the massive, bloodcrazed orc before him was to blame. No mercy, no remorse.

Senseless killings in the Redridge mountains had led himself and a small contingent of Alliance troops to a small Blackrock camp on the outskirts of Lakeshire. Serving as a lookout post and staging area for raid parties, the camp perched atop a large hill overlooking the town. At first, all seemed well. The small force of four men fought off droves of blade fodder, only to meet their ends at the hands of a brutal and deadly Blademaster. Only the elven ranger had survived.

The orc howled and charged, and Vaelren's arrow loosed from his bow, catching it in the shoulder. The strike did little to slow the rampaging monster, and if anything, only enraged it. The orc swung high as it reached its prey, and roared in anger as Vaelren ducked low and rolled away, drawing another arrow and firing it, this time hitting its sternum. The quick pull and release of the arrow had minimal power behind it, but did enough damage to stagger his foe. As it tried to regain itself after taking the strike, he readied another arrow, then felt a an enormous impact from the side. He slammed to the ground and dropped his primary weapon, then looked up with widened eyes as an orc grunt swung an enormous axe towards him.

The high elf quickly rolled out of the way and drew his gilded scimitar, keeping a wary eye on the injured Blademaster and his ally. As the beast charged again, the nimble ranger dodged its swing and sliced open its stomach. The grunt howled, and blood poured from its side, but it continued its onslaught. The elf parried several reckless strikes from the beast, then ducked under a swing from the Blademaster as it entered the fold once more. He cursed in elvish under his breath, then backed away.

The two orcs began to position themselves to either side of him, and readied a charge. He knew he wouldn't be able to parry both strikes, but the dull-witted behemoths had left him a wide opening for escape, and when the time came, he would take it. They both let out bestial cries and rushed him from either side. He stood there, waiting for them to come upon him, hoping the trick he had up his sleeve would work. As the two neared, they raised their weapons and heaved them forward.

Using their momentum to his advantage, Vaelren rolled forward and turned around. The Blademaster's massive sword tore into the grunt's neck, and the hefty axe of the latter rammed itself into the Blademaster's chest. The more powerful of the two fell to the ground, its ribcage pryed open by the force of the blow. The other lay in a puddle of blood, its head at its side. Vengeance had been attained. Instead of finishing the Blademaster, he left him there, gurgling and writhing in agony. Victory had been achieved, and vengeance had been granted.

The ranger looked to his fallen allies and silently mourned, then made his way back to Lakeshire, gathering a small group to recover the human casualties and give them a proper burial. Though victory had ultimately been achieved, it came at great cost.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I know I'll probably find this out after I submit my introduction, but I'll ask anyway for the sake of filling this portion out. I'd like to play as a High Elf, as you can probably tell from the story. I realize there are only a couple dozen thousand, but I'm not a fan of Blood Elves or Night Elves, and I'd really like to play as an Elf in the Alliance. Is that something I can do?
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

To answer your question, there is a possible way for you to get a high elf, but to be honest the chances are slim. We have a process that allows you to submit a profile for a character that requires a special model and/or faction//ect, but that process is only for grunts. I hope you enjoy your time here none the less!