Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TameCaveMan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well I have played World Of Warcraft for many years now, I used to play retail Pre-TBC and it was great fun.. I ran out of membership time and instead of renewing it I decided to venture onto private servers, uneducated in this area I was confused but soon got the hang of it, changing realmlist and so on.

I believe that many updates have changed WoW too much and made it a lot easier than what it used to be, which is a shame but it does allow for people to get into the game faster so can be considered a good thing I guess...

Now about me, well I consider myself to be quite a nice person in general, I admit people can get the better of me and I start to get annoyed, but that seldom happens.
I like to joke around with people, have a laugh, get to know others, make friends..

I have always had a slight interest in roleplaying servers ever since I played on a now dead server called Echeloned, they were an "all gm" server and had quite a large community that often had roleplaying of some sort going on. Though that was pretty hurried and not very well thought through rping it did spark the inital interest and I have come to a more serious community to learn more and hopefully get integrated into a proper community.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the UK, my family going back to my great great grandparents were British, before that they were a mix of French and German.
English is of course my primary language, I do speak a small bit of French in addition to that.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft... I discovered it years ago when I was watching television, I saw an advert for the game and I thought "wow.. that looks cool" so I made a trial account and played for the 10 days I think it was.
I paid for a few months of membership and I greatly enjoyed my experience, I gave more in depth information in the first question.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this server via a Google search, I sought out role playing servers ever since Echeloned, I have had the interest in this area of playing for well over a year now and I believe it is about time I acted on it and create an introduction here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy most types, travelling is something I find enjoyable.
Though by far my favourite is a scenario I thought up a while back, it is a group of blood knights (I'll assume you know your lore) that were exiled from the main group, before they left they took as much magic as they could from the captured Naa'ru under Silvermoon City and departed. Along their travels they begin to feel the corruption of the magic, instead of resisting and fighting it, they fell into darkness and sided with the scourge.
These ex-blood knights form a group called "The Bloodied Moon" and under orders from the Lich King, they try to convince other races to join their cause, eventually travelling to the great city of Stormwind where they talk with the king in an effort to gain access to mage's tower for purposes unknown...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race would have to be Sin'dorei and class is obviously Blood Knight or Paladin.

Why, well I like the Sin'dorei's nature, they think they are better than every one else and talk down to other races. This built in superiority is something I love about them, and their rather cloudy and evil past only makes them more enticing to play.
They are difficult to role play with but I believe that with a bit of lore knowledge, they get easier.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect proper role players, mature people that can speak good English, I hope I wont find any twelve year olds going "I owned you noob" or something similar to that.
Judging by the connecting to server forum post I do not expect to see anything of the sort.

I think I will have an enjoyable time here if I am accepted, and that my wild imagination can most definitely assist in creating role plays.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, I admire people that properly know how to address others around them, and to be finally rid of the word "noob" will probably make me cry with happiness!
So yes, a mature community is one I desire so very much.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will take this from a previous question I answered..
A group of blood knights (I'll assume you know your lore) that were exiled from the main group, before they left they took as much magic as they could from the captured Naa'ru under Silvermoon City and departed. Along their travels they begin to feel the corruption of the magic, instead of resisting and fighting it, they fell into darkness and sided with the scourge.
These ex-blood knights form a group called "The Bloodied Moon" and under orders from the Lich King, they try to convince other races to join their cause, eventually travelling to the great city of Stormwind where they talk with the king in an effort to gain access to mage's tower for purposes unknown...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like a bit more information on this server, "Conquest of the Horde" so is this more along the lines of the Horde progressing through Azeroth rather than Horde and Alliance both equalized?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, TameCaveMan!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

How to become a Grunt

Consult technical support if you have any issues connecting to the server (Be sure to search to see if the issue has already been addressed first!).

If you ever want some info on Warcraft roleplay, check out our Articles and Guides forum!

I will note that your story is insufficient (We'd like at least a paragraph), and you will need to post a new/updated one when you apply for Gruntship.

Also, regarding your question: The server is fairly equal. Our Admin just likes orcs. A lot. If anything Alliance tends to outnumber the Horde here.

Anyway, welcome to COTH! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Thank you firstly for approving this, and also thank you for the feedback, I didn't really think about the story question when I saw it...
It was only about an hour after posting that I realised so I apologize for that and I will develop a decent story post-haste!
No rush. You have till you apply for Gruntship.