Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: czesio888`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am 22 year old male, currently working at my local gaming store. My interests are wargaming, RPG's and trading card games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come form Poland, so obviously my primary language is polish, although i am also a very good english speaker.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Honestly, my memory is kinda foggy, buy i remember going to some kind of PC store at our local mall and seeing the warcraft III box. I bought it and so my adventure began.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was RP'ing on retail servers for quite some time. And there is 1 thing that annoys me there. First one is the lack of horde roleplayers. I am not saying that horde roleplaying doesn't exist, oh no. The problem is that horde the RP is really..."pale" in comparison to the alliance RP. When you encter stormwind on retail server you can see people rolplaying out in the streets, there are lots of RP guilds advertising in general chat and when you enter the inn there are lots of people just casually roleplaying. And what happens when you do the same on the horde side? The best RP in inns i could have was one in the silveermoon, and it was dominated by blood elves, so any other RP was simply unnoticed. And since there were no RP guilds advertising, i took the matter in my own hands and started searching for a guild. I posted on official WoW forums, sat in large cities waiting for a reply. I only got one response, and it was from some kind od DK guild and that's not really my style. As soon as my game time ran out i started searching for "alternatives". The first one was prologue WoW. It looks like a very good server with active community and good GMs, but there is only one problem, and that is the release date. The server was supposed to be playable in march, then in april, and now "somewhere around the end of april". Needless to say i lost all my hope in that server ever hitting the actual release date. The other option was this server, and after reading about it i really got interested decided to apply.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Honestly, i can't tell. In my years of role-playing, both on WoW and pen & paper games i was able to try pretty much everything but ERP, but i am really not interested in that one. But if i really had to choose i would go for the fighting/adventure. Everytime i create a new character it has this mercenary/adventure feeling to it. I really love going around Azeroth and filling out mercenary contacts.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would either have to go with human/warrior or tauren/shaman. Some might say that human/warrior is pretty plain, but this perfectly fits for the whole mercenary/wanderer thingie i mentioned earlier. I like the tauren/shaman combo for the whole tribal themes and amazing looking armour.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Generally good RP, hopefully some activity in the RP area from the horde side.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
NPC Abuse. From what i can understand NPCs are taking active part in RP and any attempt at dissing them or talking about anything suspicious has it's own consequances. I like it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Last saturday i was the game master at our game of Deadlands. Deadlands is a pen & paper RPG game set in crazy wild west with a little steampunk. Anyway, the players definetly had some interesting characters. The team consisted of 80 year old catholic priest with terminal cancer, a 10 year old crazed kid and a cowardly monster hunter who had terrible nightmares at night, yet it was very hard to wake him up. The whole plot of the campaign was that the people from the town of Giddywest were missing. There was only the mayor left. After the players talked to him, they learned that there were crazed wendigos controlled by a shaman kept in the local mine. After venturing inside the mine and killing countless of wendigos my players had to face the final boss of the campaign, the shaman. Suddenly, the kid player had a brilliant idea. They skinned a wendigo and decided to put the fur on and use it as a disguise. Thanks to some lucky dice rolls they managed to sneak up on the shaman and slay him. After that they found the map leading to the place where the shamn kept the village people and freed them. Every player gained 1 level and some money. Good times were had.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How does the prison system work? Are there any custom towns on this server? Any building, towns ran only by players?
Hello czesio888! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Note about your story: That's not exactly what we meant by 'story', though this is something that's easy to fix later as you weren't required to submit a story right away. We wanted to see your fictional, storytelling writing in action. If that makes sense!

To answer your questions:
1) Prison system? There is no real system for prisons, though there are possibilities of being detained if you break the law in front of an NPC in a guarded town and a GM is there to puppet the NPC and control the situation, if that is what you mean. Otherwise, I can't say there's an actual system in place.

2) There is one complete custom city; Mimiron's Anchorage. Then you could probably classify the Catacombs underneath Karaszhan (or however it is spelt) as a custom "city" as well. Both of these locations are available through the OOC Portal on GM Island (the OOC zone of the server).

3) No, there are no buildings or towns owned by players. We do not support player housing and you cannot claim an area to be "yours", even if you can use it as "your" base while you're RPing there. However, you have no right to prevent others from RPing in the area or drive them away if they are currently using it as something else.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy