Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: You idiot! [RC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
She held up her wrist gun to her chest, Coriv behind her. "Go away, brother, this is something you don't want to see." Coriv tried to reach for her arm, but the click-clack of ammo being loaded into the barrel startled him. "Law... Don't-" Lawliette turned to him, still pointing with her gun. "And Why not?! I've nothing to live for! Keakrekyea is dead, and I'm being torn to shreds by life!" The man shakes his head, sighing. "This is not the right way to die, Law." Lawliette's hand quivered, she reaches slowly for the trigger. "No!" Coriv jumps for her arm, trying to swing it out of the way, but accidentaly pulling the trigger instead. He stares as Lawliette's lifeless corpse hits the floor, followed by gore and splattered juices. Coriv drops her arm, letting her lay to her disgrace. "Hrm.."

Resurrecter: Hired healers
Killer: Coriv

Drawbacks:

Death has weakened her will, cowardice invading her being.

Her lungs don't work correctly at times.

She has become more quiet, and internal.
Ur. I thought someone couldn't be rezzed if they didn't want to be rezzed. So if one wants to die when they die, then they can't be rezzed can they?
Yeah, this just sounds like an accidental suicide.

That aside I wouldn't call being cowardly a drawback but more of a personality change. It's not that hindering to be afraid of things.
More like accidentally assisted suicide, if we want to get technical.
It isn't really accidental suicide if she was having second thoughts, or upon death didn't willingly let her soul leave her body. When I rezzed Keak a few people said that if his soul had willingly left, even though he didn't -want- to die, he couldn't come back.

It'd be good to describe this in more detail. Let us know if she was considering not killing herself or not, ad if she just -let- her soul leave her body.
You can only forcefully resurrect someone with a soulstone. If the spirit is at peace, then they won't return to their body.

But I'd give more actual drawbacks and not mere personality changes.
"Lawliette's hand quivered, she reaches slowly for the trigger. " She's about to do it, clearly she's not having second thoughts. I'm not about to say someone can't be revived though, that is the GMs job, I believe.

And a soulstone has to be made before you die.
It's her character, and she is the -only- person who can dictate what she was thinking. In all honesty, Kretol could come here and say the same thing you just did and in the end she could just write in that she was thinking of not doing it. Easy as that. You do -not- get to decide for her.
I believe that Aphe is just questioning the whole suicide/murder scenario, nothing else.
Gaiaboy10 Wrote:It's her character, and she is the -only- person who can dictate what she was thinking. In all honesty, Kretol could come here and say the same thing you just did and in the end she could just write in that she was thinking of not doing it. Easy as that. You do -not- get to decide for her.

I was under the impression that we were no longer allowed to retcon death. And in a way, that is retconning a death situation. That being said, I think one should always avoid permanent character death when one can, right? If Lawliette's player was unaware or didn't think these rules would be effective in this situation, we really should cut her some slack.
It wouldn't be retconning a death...it'd be describing her thought process during death. And you are indeed right. If she didn't -know- this would result in permanent death, hold up on the criticism.
As it appears, from what I gathered, she had deleted the character even?

For your benefit.

Quote:If it happens OOCly, then it stays OOC. Otherwise, read on...

There is no limit on how often a character can be resurrected ICly. However, if the character's life is tossed away (the character kills themself, has another murder them, etc.) then there is no resurrection. If the character is to be resurrected an IC post MUST be made in this forum. Why? We've had some ridiculous deaths and resurrections in the past.

If we feel the resurrection is... bad, for lack of a better term, we reserve the right to deny it pending a better post.
Please stop searching for reasons to stop her from resurrecting her, Aphetoros.

What is it about RC posts that make people turn into harsh critics? It's like the minute a post comes up that has something people don't agree with, every jumps to finding every single flaw that could be easily fixed and that sometimes are not even there.

Stop looking for the bad in it, and be happy she wants to RP a character that's been dead for some time.

I'd also like to point out, this may partially be my fault. I was undecided as to whether or not Keak would be resurrected at all...and she sort of jumped the gun and did this.
Hey Gaia. Calm down. I'm just telling you. It's against policy. Now if you want to abuse the policy, and ignore it outright, that's fine. It's not my job to deal with you.

It's not that hard to roll a new character as well. Why commit 'suicide' if you're just being brought back. Again, I'm not going to say you can't be revived. It isn't my job. =/

And if you -can- and I was wrong, then go nuts.
I'm not trying to ignore the rules here. I'm trying to point out how the rules might in fact allow her to rez.
Pages: 1 2