Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Elyrith`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, My name is Ryan, and I'm 19 years old, I've been playing (retail) WoW for almost 3 years now, I have also played echelonedWoW which was a very popular public RP server. On retail WoW I RP on Argent Dawn, but WoW has changed over the years.. and more and more people start to "troll" at RP realms thats why I decided, "yes a "private" RP server could be the solution for this". I enjoy playing many different roles but most of the time you'll find me discussing (about IC subjects) with other RP'ers or exploring/adventuring with other RP'ers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from The Netherlands so dutch is my primary language, but I have played English games for so long now that I don't have any problem at all with being able to talk, listen and writing in English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
3 years ago, I saw a gameprogram that was showing several games, when I saw the WoW trailer they showed I felt in love with the great fantasy rich and beautifull "dreamlike" world I saw in the trailer. So I decided to give it a go and I did a 7 day trial. After that week I only fell in love more and more with the World of Warcraft so I decided to purchase the game and become a members. I haven't stopped played since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well echeloned WoW has been down for a long time now, and I can't find comfort in RP'ing on Retail WoW with all the trolls so I decided to look for a private server.
I feel ashamed, but I used google like all other people probably

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am more like the cozy tavern person and the adventuring in the great outdoors RP'er. I'm not sure if I like pairs better than a whole crowd, Pairs can be fun because you can roleplay with each other without getting destracted but if you want a war or something, a crowd would be great since it gives more like a real war experience.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I LOVE! mages, their magic abilities (teleporting, Polymorphing, food making etc.) is really attractive for me.
though I do like rogue's/priest and hunters a lot 2!. because of their great adventuring abilities (hunters/rogues). And priests because there is always a good role to play as a priest like a healer or "the innocent person" or the negotiator.

What are your expectations of this server?:
when I first saw this site I really thought it would be like ONLY a big war RP server. 2 sides fighting each other and nothing else. But then I saw there are also a lot of possebilities to do other RP like seeking a solution for the plague or proving yourself to the argent crusade to join them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The thing I love the most about this server is that you MUST introduce yourself before it's even possible for you to join, so you can make sure only serious people can join the server. This convinses me that this is a good RP server. I also like the fact that you are not allowed to just kill someone for fun out of nothing (like a rogue just looking around for people to kill for fun). But you really need to have a reason and when it gets to the point of actually killing someone you don't just fight but also first have to roleplay something like a conversation.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Could I send or post a story later, because I want to do a real story and not some sort of short crappy story. And I don't have much time at this moment while I'm writing this Introduction. (sorry).

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to get some information about what can I expect when I enter the server. Will I just spawn and then have to look around for people and really have to RP myself into some sort of role. Or do I start like maybe a recruit or something? If you don't have time for this, don't worry I will do my best to find out what to do myself.
Hello Elyrith! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

It's fine to post a story later, or simply edit one into your introduction.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy