Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Foncetti`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been away from WoW for quite some time.
Played until 80 on the retail version, trying to RP on Steamwheedle Cartel (EU). However, the server seemed to be dying in terms of RP as more people aimed for raiding and PvP. This caused me to become disillusioned with the game and finally reinstalled in order to sniff out an RP server that will let my creativity free. Very hardcore RPer who takes my character seriously.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Ireland. Northern Ireland for those of a politically sensitive nature. Born in Belfast.
I speak English (kinda obvious huh?) and live out in the countryside after moving out of Belfast.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally played Runescape as an early teen, I'm 19 now.
With Runescape, I was told about WoW and generally gave it no attention. Until The Times newspaper did a feature on it. I saw the picture of a lonely dwarf climbing a hill towards Dun Modr; rifle in hand and bear by his side and immediately fell in love with the game.
I jumped at the chance of RP, even though I never heard of it before. Warcraft sucked me in with its living, breathing world. Its vastly interesting lore and its perfect environments.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine had mentioned the server before when I was looking for Private Servers a while ago, so I googled the name and gave the website a bit of a read. I really liked the fact it's dedicated to Roleplaying and thus am applying to join up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer the idea of a traveler, adventurer or just plain ol' mischievous cur. I tend to RP characters who are eccentric, have a few trusted friends and have a flare for causing drama where-ever they go.
My two favorite roles in the past have been Foncetti Blastspark - The traveling merchant and Mortimer Jenkins, the ex-butler, suffering from the plague and dealing with his new experience in un-death.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Gnome Mage.
There is just something perfect about how this class and race interact with each other.
The gnomes are naturally ingenious and eccentric characters as a race already and the added interest of studying Magic only adds to the experience.
Their light hearted attitude and fun appearance can add to the experience of learning new spells and causing chaos with their clumsiness.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect the server to:
Respect the wish of RPers to have their storylines flourish in an environment bred for Roleplaying.
To upkeep a high quality of In Character activity in all regions with a good variety of guilds and factions to interact with.
Enthusiasm for accepting new characters into the community to add life to situations.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity is probably the most striking one, strangely enough.
One of the problems I've had before is 12 year old kids running military guilds on Retail WoW with the logic of: "I AM THE BOSS SO I AM GOD."
This of course means, no form of fair combat, relentless meta-gaming. Poor grammar and spelling and of course whining of all degrees.
I'd appreciate a community of people who can make mature storylines with logic and reasoning to add depth to their actions.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Balrot's eyes widened as he spotted the moving object on the horizon. "Somebody is approachin' from up the road!" he shouted to his Overseer. Hastily, he climbed down from the rickety guard tower; constructed from rotten logs with moss covering their surface and rusty iron spikes acting as nails to hold the mess together.
"Who are they?" muttered Overseer Lukun, squinting desperately with his one remaining eye. "It's...i-it's a gnome, Sir..." Balrot said with a slight confusion in his voice. Reaching for his ancient crossbow, Lukun prepared to hail the out of place visitor.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not much to ask, the website answers most questions.
Hello Foncetti! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy