Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: misticblade4`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm not sure exactly how I should be answering this, as it seems to be a vague question... I enjoy roleplaying, foremost, but PvP and raiding are fun, too. Typically, I prefer to spend the majority of my time engaged in RP, and then whenever RP is unavailable for whatever reason, join a dungeon or battleground queue.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States of America, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A few years ago, I was playing RuneScape, and was an avid roleplayer there, but I gradually grew bored of it, and began to look for another good game. Over time, I started to consider playing WoW, as I knew that they had a strong Roleplaying community, and wound up rolling a night elf druid on the Emerald Dream RP-PvP server (which, by the way, was chock full of griefers. I eventually realized that only true RP servers would be mostly free of them).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wasn't necessarily seeking CotH, but I was steadily losing my patience with the constant boredom of the "Instant 80 Funservers" and "Awesome 80 PvP" private servers. I was always keeping my eye out for a good RP private server, and had found a few, one of which was shut down, the other facing financial instability. I had seen Conquest of the Horde before now, but for whatever reason I had failed to try it. Of course, I probably should have tried it when it's the first site Google shows when searching "wow rp private server".

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, but mostly RP with a group, as opposed to in pairs. Tavern roleplay is nice, but it can become annoying quickly when someone's had a bit too much bourbon. Fighting RP is something I enjoy, but I'm not particularly good at, as my reaction time tends to be slow. Action and adventure always appeal to me, in almost any setting. A personal favorite of mine is to play a character trying to escape from another character or group. For example, an escaped convict (not that my characters tend to be evil).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I tend to be locked between Blood Elf Hunters and Blood Elf Rogues. I guess it's because I like fights in which the enemy doesn't get much time to attack me, either because they're preoccupied with a pet, or they're too dead to fight back.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I haven't read around the site or forums -too- much, but I'm expecting to find a group of avid roleplayers engaged in roleplay, and glad to see a new face in the server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
While I agree with all of the rules, the ones which appeal to me the most are rules regarding inappropriate language, godmoding, lack of restrictions on roleplay, and requiring respect to be shown towards all others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just a comment; I'm not particularly creative by myself. I'm not the best person to be making up stories, as I can take a long time to get started when I don't have any ideas. However, once I've started to write, I tend to have no difficulty in keeping the story flowing. So, essentially, while I consider myself to be a good roleplayer, I can take a long time to come up with a good character background story, for example, or to make up a RP storyline.
Welcome to the server!

And don't worry about having a slow reaction time during combat. Your fellow roleplayers will give you a few minutes to type up your emote. Combat here isn't a contest of who can type faster. ^^