Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A new beginning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chapter One: Finally perfect.

In dark times, mortals seek to find protection. May it be by having someone by their side or by using a particular tool to support them. Despair makes the mortal mind weak, or atleast that is what demons tend to think. Love is their only true ‘Light' in the battles they have to face. A storm of rage can be beaten down by love.

“Love…” The demon hissed as he looked through the dark cellar. “Love is of no importance to a being like myself, no.” As the Fel-sworn stood before a work bench he let his hand move along the curves of a plate chest piece. His lips curled into a sly smirk as he laid his fel fire eyes on the chest piece. The chest piece looked like the regular one, worn by Death Knights and Warriors, yet it differed as well. The black color of the plate seemed to be inscribed with runes, the collar was carved out of the plate.

Then his eyes slowly moved over to the leg piece. It had the same color, and also it had runes inscribed in it. The Fel-sworn tilted his head back as he chuckled. He could already see himself wearing this attire. He let his eyes fall upon the gauntlets which laid to both sides of the leg piece. He picked one up and turned it in his palm. Usually the gauntlet would be full plate, but the palm of the gauntlet was curved out. He slipped the gauntlet over his hand watching his hand again.

Finally there was the staff of Agony, as the Fel-sworn named it. The demonic staff which was crafted by one of his superiors. He let his fingers move along the frame of the large staff, the radiation of fel ignited like a bomb as the Fel-sworn and his beloved staff made contact. The crystal in the middle of the staff immediately changed color, becoming a soft fel green.

The Fel-sworn broke the connection with his staff and stepped back, turning on his heels to look into a mirror. The demonic mirror image made Mistal shiver with excitement. This is what he had become after so many months of training, improving his powers as everyone had suggested him. The blood of the lesser demons had made his mutation complete. In the image a Fel-sworn stood, his hair was coiled black, his skin went from slight violet to red, even his height had increased as well. He turned again to prepare himself.

As soon as the fel-sworn was turned, he let his right hand move over the purple robes he worn for his whole training. The glowing runes began to fade, and a small line began to burn his attire into two pieces. Once the small flames had devour the lower part of his robes The fel –sworn tore the remaining parts of his body and threw them on the ground. The demon gazed down on his naked, mutated body and nodded slightly. “Yes… my training is complete.” He tensed all his muscles and let out a demonic laugh. Then he spread his arms to full length horizontally. He fixed his gaze on the armor pieces and snapped his fingers on both hands. The armor parts began to hover towards the naked body and pushed themselves against his scaled skin. The a green glow began to move between his skin and the armor parts, carving the parts into his skin. The demon let out a grown followed by another scream of severe pain.

First it was the leg piece that merged with the demon's flesh, followed by his boots and gauntlet. Now the two final pieces would be the ones who would make the Fel-sworn endure pain he never witnessed throughout his journey to becoming a demon. The Chest piece split, one piece went for the back the other to cover his chest. Then the shoulder pats hovered over to the Fel-sworn and hovered above the place they should be attached. The demon began to chant an incantation to order the pieces to connect with his flesh and fix themselves into his flesh.
Once the Fel-sworn finished the incantation the pieces placed themselves against the warm flesh, again there was the green glow. Then the demon cried from the top of his lungs, The fel flames in their eye sockets flared as the demon yelled, screamed and cried by the pain that he caused on himself. Small wisps of smoke began to rise into the air from the attached armor parts. The chest piece merged itself with the flesh of the demon, once that done a small green rune carved itself into the demon's chest, it placed itself in the exact spot which was carved out of the plate armor piece. Another demonic cry filled the dark cellar. Once the rune was curved in his flesh and glowed green, the demon fell to his knees. Breathing heavily he just sat there for minutes. Once he had the feeling he could get up again he lifted himself up to his feet and made his way back over to the workbench.
[Image: mistalaerix20.png]
The Fel-sworn panted slightly as he reached for five small healthstones. He snapped the fingers of his other hand and the five shards began to hover towards his shoulder piece. The fel-sworn mumbled some demonic words and the shards attached themselves to the right shoulder part. He repeated his former action and five health stones attached themselves to his left shoulder part.

Minutes later the Fel-sworn stood before his mirror again nodding entertained, pleased with what he just had done.
He already could feel his body regain full power while he just stood there, the taint of Fel lingered heavily around the demon as he turned both sides to see how the armor looked. He slowly returned to his desk and clenched his right hand around the staff. He placed it on his back, between the two folded wings and walked over to the exit of the cellar.

“Now it is time to begin what has been asked, to finish what I have began.”
Chapter two: The Return

Dust hovered up into the air as Mistal’aerix descended onto the ground. The area around him to which he got used to through the months, looked deserted. The demon raised both hands and conjured four small orbs of fel energy. He tilted his head back just a little and inhaled the scent of destruction, despair and blood.

As the small orbs began to whirl, slowly, about the demon, he curled his lips into a smirk. The dark pupil that lingered within the small flames took in the environment. His ears twitched to the soft sounds of frogs and the river not far away of where he was standing now. Realising he stood there, in the open position to be caught off guard, he folded the leather looking wings behind his back and gave a slight nod to whatever it was that was on his mind.

The demon began to step towards the large stairs that would give entrance to a place he once called ‘The sanctum’. Descending these steps his lips slowly returned to their normal form, merging together with his other facial features into an unpredictable mask of secrets, thoughts hidden underneath it.

As the demon continued through the dark halls that once were occupied by other demons he realized that things would have changed. He knew things were out of order and that if that was the case, with pleasure he would return it to what he was used to. Chaos, destruction that was his missions and he would not rest until certain people about Azeroth granted him this bit of success. But he also knew that what he was about to do would take time to prepare.

“Greetings, Mistal’aerix… You have returned and ooh… you look wo-…” One of the energy orbs flew towards the Imp. As his story was cut short and he was anything but pleased with the way the Fel-sworn treated him at arrival, he knew that this was the perfect sign of a warning. “Immarr, tell me… what made you belief I would want to hear any praises from you, or from any other lesser being, hmm?” Mistal’aerix stepped passed the Imp and continued his way into a large room, he snapped his fingers and the three remaining orb scattered through the dark room, placing themselves onto the head of a torch.

“My apologies, Mistal, but I am sure you would love to hear what I am about to tell you.” The Imp grinned and began to follow the Fel-sworn. “No I am not, Immarr, I am not. You will soon understand that what has happened after I departed, will have no influence on what I have planned.” The long yellow-ish fangs began to appear bigger as the Fel-sworn turned and had a nasty grin on his face. “Now tell me… where are my… workers?” The Fel-sworn let his pupils slowly fall upon the little Imp, which cocked his head to the side and let his ears drop. “Workers?” He jumped up as Mistal folded his hands. “Yes the workers, where are they?” Immarr seemed quite confused by what the Fel-sworn was referring to but decided to think things through before giving the demon his answer.

“Ah yes… the workers… well you see…” Immarr began, but again was cut short by Mistal. “Quiet, you have no idea… disappointing, yet so predictable. Now be gone and leave me to my matters…”
Immarr bowed and snapped his fingers. A circle of fel fire rose around the small Imp. Once the flames died again there was nothing more than a circle of ashes that was left behind. Mistal placed himself on the floor, shadows began to pour from his hands as he placed them onto his legs. Slowly a cocoon of shadows formed around the demon. It was time for a disguise…

To be continued…
Chapter Three:Trouble ahead!

Green smog… Screams of agony… the laughter of a demonic creature…
Flashes of a short memory flickered before the mind’s eye of Mistal’aerix. For all he cared it were just the memories of short lived achievements. Souls that could have been collected and be added to the large growing stack of souls that were already his.

“Marianna Bisen, Caidrah… even Rune masters, Ley-walkers…” Mistal’aerix rose from the cold floor on which he was meditating. Names too familiar to the demon. “Interesting matters, yet not much of importance.” A green portal appeared before Mistal on the floor, runes began to appear around the rings that gave way for the unknow demon to enter. Mistal stood with his hands folded behind his back waiting for the creature to show itself.

Slowly two large horns, followed by red eyes and large wings, attached to the muscular body of a Dreadlord appeared before Mistal. The air began to press against Mistal’s body, as if two enormous blocks of invisible air tried to squeeze him. Mistal rolled his eyes once the demon had fully appeared, glaring down upon Mistal.
“Unfortunate matters force us to meet once again, Mistal’aerix.” The pressure against Mistal’s body ceased as the Dreadlord spoke. “Of course you were prepared for this meeting it seems.” The Dreadlord tilted his head back looking up at the ceiling.

Mistal only gave the Dreadlord a curt nod. “Indeed.” He added as he saw the glare of the Dreadlord intensify. “However I do not have to worry about matters that do not concern me, nor for whatever I have planned.” Mistal loosened his hands and let them hang beside his body, his lips slowly curling into a sly smirk. “Of course you were fully aware of that, hmm… else you would not have taken the time to visit me, nor took the time to investigate this ‘cause’ that seems so important to you and your lackeys.”

The Dreadlord reached for Mistal with his large claw, scratching the stomach of the Fel-sworn as he tried to get of the grasps way. “Mistal’aerix you seem to have forgotten your place, both in demon standings as that within the Legion.” The Dreadlord inhaled deeply and exhaled. A large cloud full of fel energy went straight for Mistal, whom had seen the move coming and jumped up into the air, trying to dodge the large cloud of energy. “By fighting me, you belief I will give a damn about the Legion? Give about the forsaken mistakes you have made dozens of times? Attempts that were cut short by the citizens of Azeroth.” Mistal let his unfolded wings take him a small bit higher. “I could care less whether or not you are here to convince to work with the demons, you once trained, whom just as the majority of the legion have failed to purge Azeroth of the citizens who inhabited this planet."

A flash of Fel energy, followed by another one… A moan of agony and a bashing sound of flesh and bone against the concrete were the sounds that echoed against the thick walls. “Do not mock the Legion and its purpose. Know your place and see fit you will do whatever we order you to!” With those words the Dreadlord disappeared once again, leaving the Fel-sworn broken and bleeding on the floor.

To be continued…
Chapter Four: Decisions Desicions.

“…Reigen… take… me… to… her…” The demon said before everything tuned pitch black. The large figure that stood over Mistal obeyed and lifted the body upon his shoulder. “As you wish.” He grunted and made his way out of the cellar.

Days had passed since that day. As slow as his recovery went, Mistal did not hate this situation, neither did he love it, but he knew he had gotten himself into more trouble if it wasn’t for his servant to take him to Reigen.

“Lies… they are all lies… you will not resist, or you will fall.” A soft voice said as Mistal sat on a throne. Slowly Mistal brought his hands to his temples and rubbed them gently. “You will obey us…” Another voice said. The demon jumped out of his seat and fell down the small steps.
“No! Stop this… no!” Mistal curled himself up to protect himself from these voice, but they did not give in. “You have made a mistake, a terrible mistake to turn your back on us...” The first voice said with a cold edge in her voice. “remember what we have given you, do not take it for granted.” The second voice said. Their words cut into Mistal’s brain as if he got jabbed by a cold dagger. “No!” He roared at the voices.

The two voices laughed as Mistal looked up, the flames surrounding the dark pupils blazed. His hands were folded into fists. “Do not resist us, Mistal’aerix, you never did…” Another pain went through Mistal’s body. “You need us, just as much as we need you.” And again.

Flashes of Reigen standing before Mistal flew by his mind’s eye. Then an image of Ash’tar. It seemed as if his mind and body were in conflict with one another. As the images flew strikes of pain went through the demon’s body, preventing him from getting back up.

The circumstances had changed. Reigen had confronted him with the truth, the truth so cruel he had to make up his mind. “Demons… mortals…” The two voices said in sync. “decisions…” Soft laughter followed their words and Mistal knew they were pushing him to that terrible decision as well.

“A true demon would have killed me, Mistal.” Another image flashed by and Mistal let himself fall to the ground. The cold floor made his nerves and muscles relax as he laid there. “Your powers… they are not gone… they are just temporarily disabled. You know there is a way to get full control over them once again, Mistal’aerix… make the decision.”

The demon remained on the floor for several minutes. He blocked the unwanted images as best as he could to give himself the time to recover from the pains. Slowly he regained strength in both legs and arms and pushed himself to his knees. As he sat on his knees he smirked darkly and stretched his right hand. “What is it that I need to do to regain my powers?!” He yelled.

“Obey us, obey your master… Do not fear us.”
“Obey and do not fear.”

The voices did not hurt now, they were like soft pleasant wispers to the demon. He sighed and began to whisper soft words in Eredun. Slowly a ball of green energy began to form before his hand. The smirk on the demon’s face changed into what seemed a grin and with a roar he fired the ball of energy at the wall.

The ball of energy carved its way into the thick material. Wisps of smoke appeared once the fel energy disappeared again and left nothing but a medium size hole in the wall.

“Good… you do not fear us, nor do you disobey us.”
“You belong to us once again.”

Mistal only gave a curt nod and returned to the throne. Once he had himself placed onto the large builder he sighed. “I am still not recovered…” He snapped his fingers and from the shadows of his room a Fel-guard stepped forward. “Health crystal.” Mistal demanded. Haaghun eyed Mistal up and down before he gave a slight nod and moved closer to the demon. He stopped before the steps to the throne and looked up. Mistal stretched his leg and placed his foot onto the Fel-guards shoulder, forcing him to kneel down.

“It seems you-…” Mistal cut him short with just a glare. “Now hand me over the healthstone… there is work that has to be done. And swiftly.” The Fel-guard obeyed and reached for a small Purple pouch and took a small fel green crystal from it. He held his head down as he gave the Healthstone to Mistal. “Good…” he said as he consumed the energy from within the stone. Slowly the fel energy within the stone depleted. Once the stone had no energy to offer, Mistal let the stone fall to the ground, as the stone made contact with the ground it scattered into small pieces. “Another soul that supported my recovery… How delicious.”

Minutes later Mistal stood before the iron bars that gave entrance to this small but secure hideout. He smirked as he turned his back at the bars. “And now we wait…”
Chapter Five: To Freedom

The room was filled with the smell of burned clothes, on the walls, droplets of green blood which slowly dropped to the ground. Leaving traces on the walls. Heavy breathing and the sounds of snapping bones echoed through the slightly lighted room.

Another flash of green light ripped through the corridor towards the exit and entrance of the place the Fel-sworn was being held. Held by his inner self.

“They have filled your mind with lies.”
“There is no other way to gain power!”
“The Legion is your true ticket, Mistal’aerix.”

A yell of agony filled the room as the Fel-sworn swung his head against the small bed in the dark corner. Small feathers from the pillows flew up by the impact. “Curse the mortals, curse the Legion!” Mistal yelled against the voices. “I will walk my own path!”

Soft chuckles made the Fel-sworn kneel on the cold floor.
“Is that truly what you desire, Fel-sworn?”
“Impossible!”
The Fel-sworn flew fom one part of the room to the other. The flames in their sockets blazed up and he raised to his feet again.

“Make yourself clear, women!" With a wave of his hand a wave of Fel-fire flew through the room, against the walls, bed and candles. The small red light that gave some light changed to green. Mistal reached for his head and shook it. “What is it you wish me to do?!”

“Fight for us.”
“Kill… mortals”

Mistal tilted his head back and burst out in laughter.
“What if I refuse?!” He yelled.

“Death…”
“Death.”

Mistal’s inner demon and those of the Legion were in a conflict, once again. Reigen whom had visited again had told the demon to turn his back against the Legion and revert himself to become a mortal. Although those words would have meant nothing to the demon months ago, they did now. He sought refuge by the wrong people. That was one thing he had learned from all this. And where it would take him… he would not know. What he did know however, was that there was one other way to pass both the mortals and Legionnaire demons.

“Loreith and Tainer…” Mistal whispered and walked over to one of the walls. Once he stood before the large wall he began to draw sigils and runes onto the massive wall. Green Eredun runes slowly began to appear between the demon and the wall, followed by another, and another. The demon began to chant as he kept drawing rune after another. Horrible looking sigils and runes clenched themselves against the wall and the room began to fill itself with the pressure of Fel magic.

Minutes passed as the Fel-sworn continued to chant and draw runes, slowly the energy within the room started to gather around the demon. A circle consisting of only runes and sigils began to gloaw a bright green, and slowly the fel energy around the demon started to move towards the circle.

More minutes passed…

Within the circle of Eredun runes and sigils green energy began to create a portal. While the demon continued, the fel energy whirled and strange horrible sounds escaped the portal which got prepared. Flames jumped out of the portal onto the floor. The horrible screams and sounds increased while the green energy slowly began to show a landscape.

The landscape was formed by trees, a lot of trees. A giant wall. A sky filled with dark clouds.

The demon smirked as he saw his destination unfold infront of his own eyes.

“I am on my way… Loreith… I am on my way.”

The Fel-sworn lowered his head as he stepped into the portal made of demonic energy. The flames devoured his figure as he made his way to his new destination.