Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Glyre`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm 17 years old, and a junior in high school. I've always been fond of drawing and writing, and so I think roleplaying is a natural extension of those interests in video games. I am very much an independent person, and generally prefer solitude to company. I am very interested in Eastern religions and culture, philosophy, and cooking. I don't really like talking about myself, so please excuse a lack of detail. I am also a rather private person, and it takes time before I share too much of myself with others.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into Warcraft several years ago through Warcraft III, which was loaded onto the computers at a summer camp. It was the first strategy game I had ever played, and I immediately fell in love with it. Eventually I bought the game, and enjoyed it immensely. I came to love the lore, and educated myself about it through some of the RPG books. Later on I began to play WoW, which only increased my love of the world.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you through searching "WoW Private RP Server" on Google. This was the first link I was given, and after looking around the website I decided that your server sounded like exactly what I was looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm very versatile when it comes to roleplay--I enjoy just about every kind. I believe that there is a time for relaxing walks in the city, as well as a time for adventures. For me the fun part is just being in-character and seeing how situations develop.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a tough question for me. I'm torn between the Night Elves and the Forsaken. I think, of the two, however, that I prefer the Night Elves. I love the culture and overall feel of the Night Elves--I think there is something really interesting about a race so in tune with nature. I also love the Ancients and their backstories. The Night Elves were also the first race I played as in Warcraft III, and when starting WoW for the first time I rolled a Night Elf Druid. I like Druids because I feel that they really embody what the Night Elves stand for. They are, I think, the quintessential Night Elf class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am hoping that this server will provide fun, mature, and widespread RP. I imagine that everyone has a good understanding of the lore and the world of Azeroth as a whole.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. I think that a lack of maturity is a large problem with all forms of roleplaying. There is nothing better than mature and intelligent roleplaying in my opinion, and if players are mature, than all other concerns are irrelevant.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Conrad shambled up the old, cracked stone steps, his old armor rattling against his bones , hardly protected by the paper-thin skin that clung to them. Peering ahead into the darkness of the Tirisfal Glades Conrad sighed, or rather, mimicked the motion of sighing, for his lungs no longer served any purpose. He would end this rotting state soon enough, he thought. Giving his thoughts a rest the being walked onward, turning his head from side to side--a habit of his.
Reaching the top of the hill Conrad stopped and took in the chapel that stood upon it. It was an old decrepit ruin--a graveyard stood to the side, the corpses once within long exhumed, leaving only shallow pits and useless wooden markers fashioned into the sigil of the Holy Light. Walking to the buildings rotted oak doors Conrad paused, composed himself, and knocked three times. While he awaited a response he examined the front of the chapel. It was small. It's stone was crumbling, weeds were growing over it, and the glass windows had become cloudy through age.
As he walked over to one to peer into it, he noticed the front door creak open, as if by the wind's will. Stepping into the chapel he took it in all at once. An altar stood at the front, covered in large candles, waxy and comforting. They were lit, the sole light in the room. Pews lined the walls, covered in cobwebs and bat droppings.
"Hello?" Conrad groaned. In a flash the candles were out, and Conrad was met by two glaring yellow eyes not seeming to have any body--but then he noticed a certain total darkness surrounding them. Staring into the eyes he soon found that a presence seemed to be within his mind, and then he heard the voice.
"A guest...." It whispered, having more life than any voice Conrad had heard since his rebirth. "You come...why?"
"You..you're Alexander, aren't you?" Conrad stammered--all was suddenly clear. The cleric he had heard about had become one with the shadows--surely he would be able to provide him with the information he sought.
"Indeed I am." The shadowy body moved about him, but always the eyes seemed to remain, peering into him, seeing everything.
"I want to learn...how to be like you..." Conrad felt laughter erupt in his head, and it seemed to echo throughout the entire chapel. And then, the eyes were gone, and so was the shadow. Conrad turned around rapidly, seeking to find Alexander's hiding place, but it was to no avail. Then, slowly, the candles relit themselves, and Conrad was alone.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello Glyre! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy