Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hvirfilvindr`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am a 29 year old absolute gamer. I love MMORPGs and believe it's the only worthy genre to install on my PC, but that's just my opinion. I do love my consoles too however (for the other genres). I like meeting new people from all over the world. I love the diversity everyone possess that makes up our world.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from South Africa. I was brought up Afrikaans, but in my own home language is primarily English. I can also understand - and to some degree - write Dutch. I would love to learn more languages as time goes by.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first started playing Warcraft when I was still in highschool, and the storylines grasped me. Ever since I've played Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne expansion, I've been gripped by the lore. Playing World of Warcraft gave me the opportunity to explore the lore in more detail.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've been looking for a decent RP server for some time now. I've even bought retail, but the RP realms there are much to be desired. Tonight I decided to Google once more, and stumbled ontp CotH. After I've read some of the forum topics, I've decided to give CotH a try. From what I've read so far, I don't think it will disappoint.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I think for me, I prefer to RP in crowds. I makes it a lot more interesting if a lot of people contributes to the roleplay than just roleplaying by oneself. Other player's ideas could also spark my imagination to have my own character develop around their ideas. I do love questing, crafting and helping out other players more than constantly fighting, but defending my faction's main cities is also a very enjoyable experience.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't have a particular favourite race. I think all their stories are fascinating. On my class preference, I would have to say Mage. I love the many different spells they can cast. I've always played caster classes, and always will.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would just like to have an enjoyable, friendly RP experience. I am fairly new to RP, but would appreciate and help other more experienced players might have to offer.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility really stood out for me. Not everyone has to be in the spotlight all the time. A little humility could go a long way in making everyone's story and roleplaying experience a lot more interesting and fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Silence!" Venyamir whispered to Brollo.

Hidden, the two friends listened as the heavy footsteps outside walked around the cottage.

Venyamir, a tall Blacksmith with a strong demeanour and Brollo, a stout Conjurer was trapped in the Cottage on the outskirts of the Amorian forest. They were on their way to the next town, a day's journey from the cottage, when a spell Brollo cast, had some unforunate consequences.

Brollo had spoken the wrong incantation and conjured up a tremendous beast. Long fangs, red eyes and flaring nostrils stared at it's creator.

Venyamir grabbed Brollo by the arm, and started running towards the cottage they had just passed a moment ago. Hoping for the shaken Brollo to banish the creature when he calmed down, Venyamir barred them behind the sturdy door..

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Out of all the other introductions, it seemed to me that a lot of people prefer to play Horde characters. What is the ratio of Horde vs. Alliance? Apologies if the information is available on the forum, and I'm blind as a bat.
Hello Hvirfilvindr! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

That depends, really. There is no real ratio since people like to play characters of both factions and nearly everyone has characters from both. Popularity shifts between them depending on what server-wide events are currently going on, or which Guilds are active and running their own events.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy