Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Howdy, now how do I patch down again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Used to play on the server a loooong time ago, anywho, I've decided I want to start playing again. Problem is, i am on Cata and I've just copied my retail folder so I may play both, so how do I depatch? Hoping It won't be as bad as I remember it to be if someone just helps me out a little. ^^
Also, will my account still exist?
Thanks for yah time!

EDIT: Scratch dis! I got it working. ^^ Thankyou lots for those who helped. Much huggles when I log on
... Nub!

Uh, as far as I know, you can't downgrade expansions. You'd have to reinstall and make a new folder (and under a new name) and patch to 3.3.5. But if there is then just ignore me and do... whatever some tech genius suggests!

Oh, and you'll need to recreate your account unless you already did after the server restart. That's simple enough, though.
Hawk! *Superhug*

Eh, well... There's no way I can reinstall my retail one. I did find an installer that can install me up to Lichking though, but it says I don't have enough space, which is stupid 'cause only moments ago did I just copy my cata folder. So weird.
Didn't that problem happen to you last time? How'd we fix that...
I don't know. It's all really confusing. But I know I have enough space, just sucks I can't patch down. I don't think I can join the server again after all. :'< There's really no way on hell I'm redownloading all my wow after how many hours it took just to get Cata working.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=9430&p=54611#p54611

Dunno if that'll help. Shame I'm not very tech-savvy otherwise I'd be a lot more helpful.
Nuhuh, it's different now. I'd have to re install my retail wow to wrath of the lich king, then copy the folder and then patch up my wrath of the lich king to Cataclysm, which is the bit I don't want to do. My computer was on for about 2 days trying to get that expansion updated. D=

Plus my mum will kill me for using up all the download limit considering it's patch day tomorrow and we have 4 computers to patch up. xD

If you can find a good lich king whole game client download then do tell me. I checked my battlenet account and it has a game client download there but it's instantly patched up right to 4.0.1. a
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/index ... ew&iden=11
That's the US client downloader (which you can use to immediately download and install WoTLK 3.0.1). You'll still have to download all of the patches from 3.0.1 -3.3.5a afterwards, though and, as far as I know, the only way to do that is by downloading them through an external mirror (like the torrent they have in CoTH's download page).
Thankyous muchly. Will get on it asap. Life saver! ^^
Same installer I found earlier but this one is telling me I need even more space, which I know I have because I've checked numerous times and I've just about deleted everything I can