Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Magnol`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I´m not really that winner person, I play to have fun and now W o Warcraft seems to have been just about loot and how cool your gear looks. It´s called a mmoRPG, where is the RPG feeling in the players. Well, anyways, I am a roleplayer and I simply love RPG´s (duh), and I am often a very kind player against others. I might not be the one who tops the high score list in a match of Call of Duty and I have no idea how to twink, nerf or any pro thing like that, but I know why a barbarian can´t be a lawful person or who´s speaking when you enter the Lordaeron´s castle´s throne.
hall. That is me, the Roleplayer Jakob.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I´m originally from Sweden but speaks as good as any englishman, I went in an english speaking school the last 4 years in elementary school, so that´s why.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, it started with that I was interested in Starcraft, since that was what my elder brother played when I was young, so you could say that I catched on. And some years later I recieved good ol´Warcraft 3 for christmas. I played that for a while with not really understand the story, now in later years I do and I was really fascinated by it, especially with Arthas, how he went from a kind-hearted heroic idol to the most malignant villain of tides. Maybe it is the madness that was inspiring, but somehow I impulsively liked it, the story was so an Ideal for the perfect story.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I don´t really want to pay for WoW, so it started with private servers. So I did quests with people and some i managed to become friends with, so I mentioned the story and they had absolutely no idea of what I talked about, 99% of the time did this happen. I mean, c'mon, it´s a freaking RPG, know your lore. So I searched for private servers with RP, and you seem to have it. Therefore, I chose you.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like some of both, I like to have a profession that I master and yelling in the street " Ye olde metal scraps breaking apart? Well then, see me swords and torsos, all for a fair price of 19,99 silver a piece", I like to explore the lands of Lordaeron (I really like that place) and Northrend with a fellow friend and shield my team from dangers. I fit most in a pair though, groups often become so disorganized, and adventuring with a friend feels more personal, though a group could turn into a dance party.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Since my favorite character in the Warcraft universe is Arthas, I first picked an Forsaken as my first character. I know, Forsaken is not mindless corpses or whatever Scarlet Crusade may say, no, they are the survivors of Arthas plague and if you survived that, than you have to have a seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY strong will and psyche, and that´s why I love Forsaken, they are almost dead, but no, they are here to finish the fight.

I like most of the races, like Druid, Priest and Paladin. They are my favorite classes, as you see, most of them can heal, which makes sense since when roleplaying I pick the alignment lawfully good, I want to to support, but not sit in a corner and hide and wait for the match to be over. I like healing but still likes to kick that demons rear end with either my holy spells, my strong armor and shield or with bear slaps.
But... If I have to choose, I probably pick a priest, since they are the most generous and kind people in the game, but have also the greatest dark side too.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I probably expect that people act like roleplayers and do not act like total douchebags (Excuse my language, please) who loved Avatar because it looked cool and never cares about story/lore.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I liked the one about that players should respect each other, regardless of faction. You see, once in the higher levels, like 40+ people seem to love ganking lower levels, for e.g. I heard from a friend that Tanaris was a good place to level for the time, I accepted that and traveled all the way from hinterlands in Khaz Modan. So there I was, took some quests and left Gadgetzan, and walked about 5 meters in the game and of course a hidden enemy rogue pops out of nowhere and kill me. I try to forget it and tried again, and he kills me again, and oh, if I did not mention, he was several levels before me since the icon below his portrait was a skull. I get a bit frustrated so I try to wait him out, he leaves in about 10 min so i thought that I could venture on and now another guy stands there, also a rouge and of course, he kills me in 3 hits because he is several levels over me. I hope that there are no such losers on your server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
There was once one known as Araxxar, a blackorc, but not just any blackorc, a smart orc. He knew how to count, well at least better than other orcs, and started a business in the blackorc lands that were the hottest desert on the planet. He sold raisins, since that was a delicacy in the blackorc lands, because of the temperature. And so he got his first customer in a matter of hours who asked: You sell these? Araxxar answered: indeed. The customer asked another question: can you grow raisins in a desert. Araxxar paused the conversation and told the customer to follow and the customer followed without a doubt through a trapdoor and climbed down with the ladder that was hanging in between the opening and the room. It was pitchblack after Araxxar closed the trapdoor. The customer could not see a thing and then Araxxar picked up an axe from the floor and cut the head of the customer. Araxxar walked away from the dead orc and lightened up a torch in the room which was filled with other dead bodies, though without skin, only brains and organs.
Araxxar took a knife from the toolkit that was laying on a shelf, and cut of a bit of the skin of the blackorc. He rolled it so it looked somewhat like a small oval stone. He then ate it and said: You can't grow grapes here.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I certainly like this question test, it proves if some are fit and some are not, good work!
I'm equally surprised every time another swede shows up here.

/brofist

Hello Magnol! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy