Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fevered Dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see him. Sitting by himself, alone in the darkness. As I walk over to him, his head snaps in my direction. I wince as I see him. A ragged blindfold covers his empty eye sockets, a terrified expression on his face as he holds his sword out at me.

"W-who goes there?! If you come too close, I swear I'll kill you without thinking about it!"

I sigh as I continue to walk towards him. My son, now a blind, weak and terrified man. A single tear rolls down my cheek, as the sword slides through me.

"Calm down, if only your mother could see you like this..."
"...Dad? How the hell...you're dead! How are you still here?!"

A flicker of confusion shows on his face, quickly replaced by sorrow and remorse. He turns away from me and stuggles to climb to his feet. I reach out to help him, closing my eyes in pain as I slide through him. I see him again, my son as a child. An innocent and defenceless child who required me to protect him. The flashback doesn't last long however as it is quickly replaced by a vision of the same child I had tried to teach what morals and values are, killing his own friend. He seems to have remembered that memory as well somehow as he winces and a single tear rolls down his cheek.

"I can't do this...I just can't. Tell mom I'm sorry..."

He sighs as he slumps down onto the floor again. I take the chance to take a seat beside him and put a hand over his knee even though it'll pass right through it anyways. I point to the black space in front of him. He instinctively looks up, his eyebrows rise as he peers into the empty space as if seeing something in it. I gently undo the blindfold and place my hand over his eyesockets. He gasps in surprise as his eyes slowly regrow. He glances around in amazement. His eyes fixate on me and they widen in amazement.

"Y-you're...me.

I smile gently as the darkness slowly unravels. He's waking up now. I glance at my son, and myself. I tap his forehead, smiling as all of his other friends repeat my gesture. My smile widens as I watch him, tap his own forehead. The mirror I'm standing in starts to crack, my time is limited to seconds now. His friends seem to understand also as they wave farewell to him, their respective mirrors also cracking and dissolving. Until there was only two. Two copies of my son. One older and one a child. The child waves and blows him a kiss as he gives his luck to his older self. Only a second left, but enough time nonetheless.

"See you soon."
"See you soon."