Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question about Fel magic and effects in the body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all know how freaked up Fel magic, blood and the related are. They tend to rot your body, corrupt your soul and turn your life into a nightmare after giving you a bunch of advantages. I've seen people play around with warlocks that aged early because of fel, others that lost some organs due to excessive use. My question is, would it be possible for a character's body to stop developing properly due to close and constant use of Fel (Like a young warlock in process of growth being affected by the Fel and not developing anymore, likely to cause a few health problems as well.)?
I'd say so. /nod
Just so we're clear, stunted growth would also include breasts.
Well, Fel doesn't rot your body or anything, nor, really gve you a ton of advantages. Woo, you now have a Shadowbolt, but your flesh is leathery and scaly. You can't bend your joints. Congratz. Of course, this is simply an overly-dramaticized way to say that it does more harm than good. Keep in mind that it does age you, but it also extends your lifespan when used in copious quantities. Lastly: the bodily stuff, regarding your character. Yes, and no, in my opinion. It can corrupt your body, yes, and cause it to change in ways you never thought possible. That aspect is quite true. I do, however, question whether or not it will stunt your growth. It -can- cause you to become sterile, if used enough, but... Stunted growth? I don't really know.

/removes Warlock Expert Cap for the evening.

Flying: ... You have issues, bro...<3
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:Just so we're clear, stunted growth would also include breasts.

Yeah, I'd think so, along with some internal organs and probably some physical conditions usually caused by growth.
Like I said, I am not 100% certain that Fel would stunt your growth in the ways you want it to. If it would (I repeat my previous statement as a precondition), it wouldn't be like, a glass of Fel Blood and you stop growing.
muhaha8 Wrote:Like I said, I am not 100% certain that Fel would stunt your growth in the ways you want it to. If it would (I repeat my previous statement as a precondition), it wouldn't be like, a glass of Fel Blood and you stop growing.

Not at all. I'm guessing it would be at least daily or week amounts of Fel magic or blood. ^^
Just... Do expect things to not go how you have planned, is all I'm saying. Fel has a nasty habit of ruining your plans. I would know. xD
muhaha8 Wrote:Just... Do expect things to not go how you have planned, is all I'm saying. Fel has a nasty habit of ruining your plans. I would know. xD

^

Remember Astus? :3
Excessive use of Fel - I would doubt it stunts your growth, if anything it would make you taller.

As we see with Fel Sworn, they are the pinnacle of Fel Corruption yet they grow taller, more scaley and very Felish. Whilst it might not be impossible, I find that it seems to make you grow taller due to the mutations, if anything. But this may only count for ingesting Fel Blood, I'm not too sure.
There's also been examples in lore of Fel being used to actually age people. Think it was Orcs in the First or Second war. Can't remember too clearly. But I can't say it'd stunt your growth, because I'm not entirely sure.
Gul'dan aged Garona, that was likely by the use of Fel Magic.
I thought they aged other Orcs as well?

I did think of Garona, but I didn't include her because lore figures break as much lore as they make. I had only assumed that they would've aged other nameless, non-lore figures.
During the second war the warlocks of the Horde used fel magic to age the young so they could fight in the war, thus quickly getting a new cadre of troops to send through the portal. I had a pretty cool character centered around the effects this could have on someone's person way back. Hmm, I had completely forgotten about it until recently.
To make a strong note here.

Before you go about making this character, I request you write a profile for her first before really roleplaying this.

I personally am against the notion of the fel -stunting growth-. It has only made people bigger and stronger. Never smaller and weaker.

At the very least, PM us this concept and we'll figure it out.