Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Draeloth`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a proud dane, hailing from the excrutiatingly, at times, land of danes; Denmark.
I'm twenty years old and will soon embark on a university education, studying english litterature and history.
I'm quiet, laid back and takes words for what they are, not what they might insinuate. I'm dependable, in my own opinion, try to be humble though can be quite arrogant at times. But hey, everyone's got their lacks don't they? ;D.
I enjoy all that is to life, especially thinking philosophically, and make stories come to life, which is why I RP.
As a player I roleplay realistically, as much as I can achieve with my vivid imagination, as this is indeed World of Warcraft and magic is involved. Not exactly realistic, hm? I like to write detailed, in my emotes, sometimes taking abit too long on getting a simple action down, and other times the words just flow.
I try to be as fair as possible when RP'ing and often having abit of OOC conversation with others if I'm engaged in hostile activities to make a good solution for both parties to come out with.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
As stated, I hail from Denmark and my primary language is danish, though at times I feel like I'm more competent writing and speaking english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother started playing it. I've always held a fondness of the universe, especially after I played warcraft 1-2 and 3+expansions.
It was not until after a few years of raiding and pvp'ing however that I opened up to the idea of RP'ing. Though I have always greatly enjoyed making stories, so it was an ample opportunity to unfold with my creativity without overdoing it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I began smelling to the idea of a private server cos cash can be at a low tide sometimes and private servers are usually free to play.
I have played on Prologue, though a friend guided me here and thought I should try it out, so here I am, besetting your vision of a private server with fresh and unbiased eyes.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a role where I seperate myself from others though am still an active and social part of a group or society. I suppose its my way of being mary sue-ish, a lone wolf and whatever. Though I recognize the thrill of RP'ing is when I do it with others and we develop for mutual benefit.
I enjoy pretty much any type of RP, though I'm most comfortable when there's occasional action at the least.
I'm comfortable with the possibility of my character dying, since it's only a toon. I don't get that much emotionally attached to them, and I'll obey a fair defeat.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tauren Shaman. The tauren people resemble and reflect who I am IRL so closely that I easily assume the role of them, and my RP becomes fluid and straight forward. Shaman because I like the spiritual sides with the Ancestors and spirits that is all around you in nature. I enjoy nature IRL and I believe there's something more between heaven and earth.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect fair and realistic RP, a minimum of lollers and powergamers though I am prepared for their presence as they are almost unavoidable.
And I expect a friendly community ready to listen to problems, bugs or otherwise injustices that hampers my RP or interaction with the rest of the playerbase.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. There is a single sentence that sums up how I feel.
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltair (I think)

People's ability to rationalize and think about something instead of letting emotions and greed run wild is a trait I value in people highly. It is also that which makes us human and that which gives me faith in our kind.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A great flood suddenly surged up and swallowed the lands of Darkshore. A night elf was trapped on the roof of a building, looking at the churning waves below that had consumed her home. A fellow Kal'dorei came swimming by, clinging to a piece of driftwood. "Come sister! Or you will surely drown!" she said, offering to help the trapped woman off to safety. "No!" said she. "Elune will save me!".
The drifter then swam on, but not long a group of Kal'dorei came by in a boat, offering to take her with. "Come sister! Or you will surely drown" said they. "No!" Said she. "Elune will save me!". The group ventured on then as she declined.
Then a group of talon druids flew by in bird form, offering to swoop up the sister in their claws to fly her to safety. "Come sister! Grab our talons or you will surely drown!". "No!" said the trapped woman. "Elune will save me!"
The druids vanished and the trapped woman drowned. And as she stood before Elune in all her radiant beauty in the afterlife, she asked her in confusion, "Elune! Why didn't you save me?" and Elune answered with her tranquil, potent but silky smooth voice "I sent you a piece of driftwood, a boat and a group of druids but you wouldn't see".

The moral of the story? I've forgotten, but its still a good story nontheless. Skimting through it, there's a number of morals that can be interpreted from this.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yes, where can I find the official Lore of the server? Or is it just, WotLK lore as stated by Blizzard?
Hello Draeloth! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

It's the official lore as put down by Blizzard. We're just after the death of the Lich King, at this time. In the year-or-so after. The only real lore addition we've made so far would be the Jungle Fever, a plague which was released in Booty Bay some time ago. The plague is dead now, though.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Thank you kindly. <3

Hope to see you ingame !