Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Furie`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I go by Furie online, and I've been role-playing for about three years now. It started on Garry's Mod, but recently I've been exploring WoW RP. I'm not the sharpest with all the lore and backstory yet, but so far I've picked up a lot of it and I really enjoy the epic feel of WoW role-play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Canada and I speak English primarily.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play Warcraft III when I was younger and for a couple of years I played WoW on private servers with friends.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Norah told me about the server and she gave me a link. She said it was a lot of fun and I love to role-play with her so I decided to try and join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It doesn't really matter to me. I enjoy fighting if it's role-played with /emote or /me, but not so much when it's just PvP. I'm not a warmonger and usually my characters aren't either. I do enjoy just sitting and talking with people in taverns, but I like going out on adventures and doing exciting things. I'm an easygoing person and my characters usually reflect this so I imagine I'll be doing a bit of both action and passive RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like Paladins and either Dwarves or Humans. Paladin role-play seems interesting and fun and I'd love to get into it. Humans I am comfortable role-playing, as I can relate to them the most, I guess. I've always loved Dwarves and I reckon I'm pretty good at accent RP so I'd also have fun RPing as a Dwarf.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have high expectations of this server. It seems very professional and serious, which I like. I look forward to role-playing with new people in a new setting.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I guess the rule on powergaming/god-modding. This always ruins RP and I hope this rule is enforced so that we can all have fun RPing fairly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Charlriocken Thunderbeard, or Charlie as he was affectionately called in Stormwind, walked through the forest, humming a merry Dwarven tune to himself. It was a lovely day, the kind of day that made him think his job as a fertilizer deliveryman wasn't so bad.

As his job entailed, he was walking through the forest with a sack of cow manure over his shoulder.
"A Dwarf's got tae make a livin', and we cannae aw be saudjers an' smiths," he would tell his disappointed father. Truthfully he didn't mind the job, or the smell. He learned to tolerate and sometimes, even enjoy the aroma.

As he skipped along, he noticed a man limping towards him. As the man came near, he called out to Charlie.
"D-Dwarf! Beware! Bandits ahead! Turn 'round while you can!"
Charlie scoffed at the man's warning. "Ach, bandits?! Ah'm sure they wullnae haud me up, mate. Dae ah look lik' ah've got anythin' valuable oan me?"
The man eyed Charlie's tattered work clothes, holed shoes and scruffy, unkempt beard. He seemed a salt-of-the-Earth, working man kind of Dwarf.
"Hmm, you might be right, Dwarf, but I don't know. You know how bandits are. Turn 'round while you can!"
Charlie scoffed again.
"Ach! Ah've got work tae dae! Oot mah way, you," Charlie said as he pushed past the man.
"Don't say I didn't warn you," cried the man.

Charlie continued on his way. He was a hard-working, tenacious and determined young Dwarf. If someone ordered a sack of manure, they'd sure as hell get it as long as Charlie was on the case. He crossed the lonely bridge heading towards Eastvale. He chuckled to himself,
"Bandits. Aye, right. Huvnae seen a single bandit yet-"
A bush rustled.
"Speak of the devil and 'e will appear!"
Three men with masks covering their faces leaped out in front of Charlie.
"The devil?" Inquired a startled, but steadfast Charlie.
"Year, the devil. ME," replied the bandit as he put his sword through Charlie's beard.
"What's in the bag, stumpy?"
Charlie gulped, feeling the cold steel point of the bandit's blade on his throat.
"N-Nothin'!" Charlie stuttered.
"Bullshit."
"Aye! Bullshit!"
"You takin' the piss now, Dwarf?"
"Naw! I'm takin' the shit to-"
With this, the man shoved Charlie over. Charlie hit the ground with a grunt, and the bandits grabbed his sack.
"We'll be takin' this, Dwarf," said the bandit with an oafish chuckle. Charlie watched as they walked back into the forest with his sack of manure. He slowly got to his feet, sighing sadly. He turned around, starting home sans manure and sans payment.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I look forward to playing here!
Hello Furie! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Quote:If someone ordered a sack of manure, they'd sure as hell get it as long as Charlie was on the case.
I like your characters already.
FURIE!!! <3333333
<3