Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Vouching...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question. When those who can vouch posts a comment, I see that they do vouch mostly because they had a good time roleplaying with them...

But then I wonder, isn't it extremely hard for a generally cocky character to gain a vote, then? Because as you all know, how often do you actually enjoy an IC fight? The characters' don't.

But okay, to the point: If one roleplays a cocky or just an aggressive-in-words character, can't he/she be vouched for even if he's been an idiot, but played that extremely good?
Erh, if the player plays the character good I enjoy the role-play that comes out from that. and I do enjoy -good- IC fights. My main Alistus is cold, plotting and generally hard to approach without being arrogantly dismissed, but I got vouches with him (after some time admittedly, I don´t blame that on him though).
Remember that vouches are both based on IC and OOC things.

If someone plays a really kind character that gets along wonderfully with my character, but they aren't played well, and/or the player is rude OOCly, they don't get a vouch.

If someone plays a totally dastardly character that gets into a horrible altercation with my character, eventually maiming/killing them, and they are played well and the player is courteous OOCly, they get a vouch.

Make sense? Obviously, these two examples are kind of extreme, but hey.
Tyr Wrote:I have a question. When those who can vouch posts a comment, I see that they do vouch mostly because they had a good time roleplaying with them...

But then I wonder, isn't it extremely hard for a generally cocky character to gain a vote, then? Because as you all know, how often do you actually enjoy an IC fight? The characters' don't.

But okay, to the point: If one roleplays a cocky or just an aggressive-in-words character, can't he/she be vouched for even if he's been an idiot, but played that extremely good?

Urikos is a cocky magic-hating rascist. And I think I'm pretty polite OOC. I have 4 vouches.I've yet to see someone assume I'm an asshole because of my character. Urikos fits the aggresive/idiot type and if your character is like that, it shouldn't be too hard to get your vouches.
Thanks for the replies people. I can now rest in peace. *Opens his coffin*
The first time I met Bolshe's Elaszun, my Wilhelmina started tearing shreds off her - and got as good as she gave. They've now taken to sitting together in the Drudaen and heckling anyone who comes in (and eating gnome arms...). I've gotten a vouch from that already ^_^.
Lucheiah Wrote:The first time I met Bolshe's Elaszun, my Wilhelmina started tearing shreds off her - and got as good as she gave. They've now taken to sitting together in the Drudaen and heckling anyone who comes in (and eating gnome arms...). I've gotten a vouch from that already ^_^.

Those were the good times. Best part was, we didn't even intend our characters to become friends, since they were showing such hate for each other. :D
United by scathing hatred. What a beautiful start!
Hmm.. the first time I met Elaszun.. I wasn't eaten.. apparently Xerthach just tastes too foul..
Er.. I think people dislike thread necromancy there, Bratt. This thread is fromthe beginning of August.
My question about vouching is if there is no one who has played with me, I'm going to have to wait until someone vouches so I can play. right? i mean, how would I get vouched for if there is no one on this server who has played with me before.
You can log on and play without vouches, but you will not be leveled to 70 without them, yo gain vouches through role-play and by showing matureity OOC, mostly on the sever.
Thank you very much, it wasn't explained to full enough of an extent in the forum, because it seemed as if i was not allowed to play if i was not vouched for. Thank you very much.