Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Profesion Suggestions..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First let me just say im happy to finally be online with CotH!!

Second, I rolled a mage on alliance by the name of Aracknius.

And now i was just wondering how to go about selecting professions. At first i thought tailoring and a gathering profession. But the i found gm island and someone was nice enough to donate me 5g and i got 3 pieces of the Magistrate set, so what would i need tailoring for besides bags..then i found fwbags there as well for 5g. So i went on to just continue leveling and figure maybe inscription..but then i saw that glyphs go for very cheap..understandable since this seems to be a lower populated server that there just isnt a lot of money out there floating around.(maybe im wrong..idk)

So i figured that selecting professions to turn a prfoit(which is what i normally do) is kind of out of the question. I'm looking for suggestions as to what i should go with whether it be for rp or a benifit that i would get when its maxed (stam, int buff or something)

Any ideas? :?
Engineering or Alchemy, perchance?

There are many items you can't use unless you have a certain Engineering score (plus, you'll eventually be able to make bikes of your own), I know. And Alchemy just gives you access to a lot of funny potions, in general.
I've always wanted to do engineering but its always been way to expensive.
Well, from my experience on CotH, I have learned that professions aren't the way to earn money. So, whichever fits your RP or whichever you want to level, that's what you should look into. And since we got increased money drop rate (3x), I believe that quests and mobs are the way to earn cash on CotH, when you need one. At least, that's how I do it. So, basically, choose whatever would be fun to you. :)
Inscription is a nice cheap profession with many bonuses. Great for the char you get it on as well as for all the chars you make. You don't -need- herbalism per se, as the plants are readily available on the blimp for pretty cheap. Alchemy is another good one, and tailoring can be sorta pricey but beneficial if you roll a mage. Also note that on CoTH you get three primary professions instead of the normal two.