Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Error 134, anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't remember whether I made this thread a while ago, but either way...

For a very long time now, I keep getting these 134 errors. Graphics will randomly dissapear (It's not common for me to simply be a walking helm - the sky is black and the interface is gone), and I can close and re-open WoW and this will fix... but it'll happen later again, and again, and again. If I go to a new zone, most of the time I crash. The dissapeared graphics will flicker very rapidly in an out of existence. Sometimes the PC reboots itself claiming there was a serious error, other times I restart the PC myself and all seems fine. Until the next time it happens.

But now here's where it gets really confusing... when I was trying out Cataclysm for a month? The computer was absolutely fine. No problems whatsoever, no errors, even when I was levelling in Northrend which is where the errors occur the most (particularly the Argent Tournament Grounds). So I honestly can't tell if it's my computer or not if it's capable of running more complex graphics.

I've tried running a repair and it's even persisted through a reinstall. This isn't my PC so there's probably nothing I can do (even give the computer specs), but knowing what the problem is just might make me feel a whole lot better and hopefully I could try the solution in the future. Sometimes when I leave it, it makes things go wrong for my entire PC. Bits of internet explorer will randomly be back and icons will dissapear on my desktop until I highlight them. On places like the forums for example, huge chunks of text will randomly dissapear until, yeah, highlighting them.
Okay, this is obviously not a WoW issue. Neither graphics one, considering you were playing Cataclysm fine. But so far I am not telling you anything new, so here it goes:

It is most likely a ruined OS. I doubt a hardware failure, since the only hardware that might be causing such troubles is the graphics adapter. Yet, it -could- be the graphics, but I highly doubt it, due to the fact stated above. Try running a malware scan on the PC (not just viruses, full scan), defragment the system drive, run a registry cleaner and give it a go. If it doesn't work... well, my personal suggestion for such a problem would be formatting the system drive and installing a fresh OS.