Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Draenei Age?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How long does the average Draenei live for until death from natural causes and do they breed like humans?
Sorry, totally clueless when it comes to the Draenei; never played or read up on them much.
Draenei don't die from natural causes; on the contrary, Cataclysm demonstrates their immortality. They mate the same, but births are immensely more rare; so rare, in fact, that if in Shattrath, the High Priestess herself, or if in the Exodar, Velen himself, would likely be present to help deliver and bless the child.
Ah, thanks for the quick reply~

EDIT: So if I made a Draenei aging around 200~400 that would be ok? Don't want to go overboard.
If you want to get a sense of the ages used here, I'd say your best bet was to check the CotH-Wiki. The problem with Draenei is that a lot about their age is unknown. People don't know if they truly are immortal or at what age their age-groups (Child, Adult, etc.) differ from each other. I hope this helps! :D
Pariah Wrote:Ah, thanks for the quick reply~

EDIT: So if I made a Draenei aging around 200~400 that would be ok? Don't want to go overboard.
Well, the average Draenei age I have seen people playing is about 2000-3000 years. So, as User7 stated, we do not have enough info about the Draenei age groups to tell you precisely, but I believe 200-400 years might be even too young. Not sure though, someone correct me if I am wrong!
I play a Draenei that is 20,325 Years old.
Draenei aging is a little... Special, From what I saw.
Ok.

The Draenei are considered immortal, due to no knowledge of one dying from natural causes. What can be said is you can have a character that is old enough to be from Argus (A good 25'000 years ago in Warcraft lore). I believe that coth's policy is that a Draenei is considered a 'adult' at 2000 years. If the Draenei Youngling npcs (In azuremyst) suggest anything, its that that age maybe more a mental boundary rather than physical.

Still, end of the day. Keep it above 2000 for the age, just to be safe :).
Thanks for the replies, I'd be sure to make her around 2k+ years old when I decide to make 1. :D
Also, according to Rise of the Horde (an expanded Warcraft universe novel), children seem to age a lot more slowly as well, many of them being in such a state for hundreds of years according to the orcs. I think around the 2000 mark is a good establishment of a young adult, and it's not uncommon for them to lose track of how long they've lived. I play a Draenei who lost count of his age around 2100, and his son was around 50 when he was lost at the Exodar crash.

I'm not quite sure how a child would be raised at 50 granted how our children's most vital stages of develop occur within the first three years of life. I'm guessing that the developmental stages of a draenei are much, much slower. I can only imagine the horrors of changing diapers for 50 years. LOL
Wel some Draenei have amazing memory but i think you're actually right. As immortal beings age doesn't mean a whole lot to them and most Draenei probably wouldn't know exactly how old they are. Especially as years differ in length depending on the planet your on. Then again most Draenei would be able to estimate their age according during what event or on what planet they have been born.