Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An End To One Thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is…Not an easy post to write.

Considering the secretive nature of the event I am unable to disclose any specifics or details lest they be used to undermine the spirit of surprise and suspense that this event is built upon. However, not getting feedback from the player-base will keep this event from reaching its full potential and, thus, give you only a lack-luster morsel of what could have been a sumptuous grand banquet of role-play delights.

In short: Wording this $!^* ain't easy.

Now, I would feedback on this idea: How would you, the players, feel about the destruction of a well-used role-playing destination?

No, we're not destroying Booty Bay. And I will stress: We will not be upsetting Blizzard lore or cannon lore in -any way- with this event. As with in the past, we are simply expanding upon it in small, minimally invasive ways.

Players would be given the chance to participate in its destruction through a series of short events. After its complete deletion the players will be allowed to set forth and establish a new role-playing destination that is in the same spirit as the first. They would be able to role-play its seizing, construction and, ultimately, its flourishing.

The event will involve equal parts combat, dungeoneering and non-combat intrigue and adventure. It won't be too long, of course, But when the events are completed we will have a new role-playing setting on our hands, one whose story and spirit have been built not by some stuffy GM behind a single desk…But by each player who participates. Your stories will be its stories.

And when the construction storyline is completed….More stoylines will unfold from it.

I know, in the past, that players have not taken kindly to the construction of new role-playing areas. And that is why I am gauging interest right now: Would people be interested in such a storyline?

Written in the loving hand of your tyrannical benefactor and sent with her warmest regards,
Rosencrat

EDIT: Pretty much ignore all of the above.

The event idea and the area in question has been released: The event will center around the destruction of the Catacombs and the exodus of its inhabitants.

The event will begin with a cataclysm of sorts that will render the Catacombs unlivable. Heroes and adventurers will be tasked with venturing into the dungeon to retrieve valuable artifacts and save people of interest. From there the necromancers who rule the catacombs will lead an expeditionary force to a remote island, where they will seize a small village there and rebuild it.

The new evil city will be divided into two sections: A neutral town, where Shadow use is allowed and Light use is punished by imprisonment and an evil tower, where the necromancers conduct their evil experiments and work on expanding their power.

There will be a clear leadership on this new island and role-playing hubs will be clear and easy to reach.
I... I think I know what this is about. I approve, if I am right.
I'm guessing Azshara crater. Cool. I like this idea.
Eh. Too drastic, IMO.

EDIT: I believe I talked to you about this previously, but you don't need to pop out everything to have a good RP story, even if it's not lore-changing.
Please keep speculation out of this thread, as public posting of rumors is not the intent of this post and can result in unsightly gossip. Already I am reluctant to post this request as is, considering the veiled nature of it.

Also, if you are against it please include some information as to why.
Interesting to see what develops. May open doors to do some really great stuff long-term, and I think the server should do more to establish it's own lore.
What Jonoth said. We need to do more to build upon what fits -us- as a server. If I am right, then what this is, will do just that.
It's an event that's not in Booty Bay, dew eet.
Personally? I hope that what gets destroyed is the Catacombs. /snicker. It'd be quite awesome.

As for AC, the place is practically impenetrable. A Far-seer, a Spirit Champion and a Spiritwalker're all residents of it. Not to mention other chars that make their IC stay there.

Now, I'm thinking Mimiron could fall and be rebuilt, but I don't know who'd defend it...

Now for some 'quesshuns':

We all know how hard it is to incorporate large numbers of characters in one place at one time. So, how will the sheer flood of emotes and says be dealt with?

Another question of logistics would be 'Do Characters care about this place being wiped off the map IC-ly, and if so, would they go there?'

On the rebuilding part, I have another question. For most of my time on CoTH, Player Characters have not been allowed to hold much wealth. How would they pay for construction? How would they get the manpower?
...If someone says 'magic'...
... Aulten will finace the construction himself. Just sayin'. Thievery FTW.

No, but seriously, I think the replacement for whatever it is has a story behind it, as to why it exists. What it is, I do not know.
A wizard does it.
/imagination, Xigo.

No, but back on topic. This is just the kind of thing we need: a new hub for RP. I have my suspicions as to what it is, and I love what my evil little head is thinking up. It should be fun, whatever it actually ends up being; good on ya, Rosen, for getting this out here.
BLOW UP ZE BOOTY BAY!!!

More serious now: What sort of zones would be up for destruction?
Q.Q We aren't allowed to know yet, Charizard. When it happens, we'll know about it.
Well, in any case. I'm totally game. I've never been to one of Rosen's events personally, but I've heard they're quite mad. Aaaand, I can't say I dislike the global change, either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4