Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Scarsworth`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I feel the question is a touch vague, but I'll do my best to answer it.
When I was six years old, I received a SNES from my father, a decision he would come to regret when the introduction to gaming defined what would become my biggest hobby. I've since then expanded my gaming portfolio to include most every genre and system available for them. Around four years ago, I started playing PC games more than consoles, and that change turned into a full-blown paradigm shift. My earliest memory of roleplaying comes from when I was thirteen. Forum roleplay used to be my focus, but I've come to favor shorter forms of it, a more action-by-action approach that games like WoW can provide. Though I've been at this roleplaying thing for a good chunk of my life, I'm by no means the best at it. I can only hope I can provide a sufficient degree of enjoyment for my future partners.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was both born and presently reside in America. Despite my best efforts, I have not succeeded in learning anything but English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I honestly entered into it with Starcraft. Though I'm terrible at RTS games, I found the roleplaying maps in SC to appeal to me a great deal. Due to their limited nature, I was drawn through a friend into Warcraft III's RP maps. From that change, I found myself interested in the canon behind the series and of course highly anticipated the release of WoW when it was announced. I played on and off for vanilla, but really got into it with the release of Burning Crusade. Been with it ever since as a roleplayer and the occasional raider.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've actually been with this community before. Don't worry, I wasn't banned. I played an Forsaken rogue named Edgeworth, a slippery businessman before and after death who attempted to introduce the concept of 'Mortality Insurance' to the markets of Azeroth. I became embroiled in college shortly after achieving my vouches and being approved to the rank known today as 'Grunt', causing me to apparently vanish from this community. I've recently graduated, and thus wanted to get back into the swing of roleplay. I unfortunately have only a copy of my original character profile to show for it however, so I'm more than happy to go through the approval process once more instead of wasting time trying to appeal without sufficient evidence.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm for all types, honestly. I suppose I personally have a preference for playing the mastermind, the man (or woman) with the cash or the smarts directing whatever operation happens to be going on. In that regard I'm much more of a 'passive' roleplayer, with my characters usually being physically inferior or disgusted by the idea of getting their hands dirty. They leave that sort of work to their underlings or partners. Though I'm not adverse to playing other archetypes, those sorts are the ones I enjoy most.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have always had a soft spot for the Forsaken, probably because of the fact that I enjoy characters that are organizers or manipulators lurking in the shadows over front-liners or brutes. Class-wise, I tend to stick to casters or rogues for the same reason I love the Forsaken, but I couldn't really narrow it down to any single class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Assuming the same standards have been maintained since I was last here, I expect to have a great time with a diverse group of players. I really don't think much more needs to be said here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'm glad that special emphasis has been placed on tolerance and respect, as those are two things sorely lacking from much of gamer culture. But my favorite rule would have to be the humility one. It's very easy for people, myself included, to fall into the trap of feeling like or wanting to be the 'main character'. Everyone here deserves some time in the limelight, and just as it is in real life each person is the lead in their own stories. Embrace this, don't try to dominate it!

Forgive me for paraphrasing your own rules, but I really do feel strongly on the subject.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(As a heads up, this is not a piece from Warcraft; just something of my own devising. I wanted to make a silly little tale subverting the cliches of an overly generic origin story. Hope you enjoy.)

“In the beginning there existed but two deities in the vast reaches of the void. The Goddess of Light and the God of Darkness spent an eternity together, bonded in a simple but indescribably important balance that brought harmony to the yet-to-exist universe. But the Goddess was unhappy. She grew restless with her companion, ever desirous of a child from her fickle companion. It was born of these wishes that the Goddess created the world in all its splendor as a home for those she would call her children; Humanity. In her infinite wisdom, the Goddess sought to grant us an existence in which we could bask in the harmony of the god's union.

“But she was mistaken.

“The God of Darkness was infuriated. He saw her creations as replacements for the love he had provided her for eternity past. With time, animosity grew between them. The tensions of the gods could be felt even amongst the mortal realm until the explosive confrontation that changed the face of the world-

“So they broke up and had a fight.”

“No, our feeble minds cannot hope to compare our concepts of relationships to the Gods.”

“Sounds like a messy break-up to me.”

“Would you let me finish?”

“Yeah, sorry.”

“An argument of titanic proportions split the world asunder, sending land scattered across the seas and causing massive mountains to erupt forth and tower above the broken plains. The resolution of this event is the earliest recorded part of our history: The Sundering.”

“I heard the worshipers of the Dark One call that event 'The Bitchening'.”

The responding groan shook the temple walls. The debate continues.

Unsatisfied with the story told by the Order of the Light, Edgar gingerly slipped from the heavy wooden doors of the temple and crossed the cobblestone road to the Enclave of the Dark One. Given how much the two factions hated one another, he had always wanted to ask why they had built their temples directly across the street from one another.

“Welcome, blasphemer.” Came the booming voice of the High Acolyte at his podium. That was another question that had been taking up space on Edgar's progressively diminishing memory banks; Why did the Acolyte always stand at the podium? He had seen him standing there through one of the faux-stained windows when the Enclave was entirely empty . He figured he would ask.

“Hello there! Hey, I had a few questions.”
“Say your piece, insulting one!”

“Actually, before all that I have to ask; what did I do to deserve such- choice- titles?”

“You were born, of course! You have profaned the Dark One by your entire existence! “

“Does... does that apply to everyone, or am I just special?”

“Yes. Everyone is accountable for their sin of birth. The Dark One abhors the Goddess' creations!

“Doesn't that include you?”

“No. Well. Yes, it does. But I am his Chosen.”

“But he still hates you?”

The Acolyte faltered only a moment, which impressed Edgar. “Yes.”

“So why do you worship him?”

The Acolyte's eyes narrow in a sudden realization.

“You're the boy who always bothers the priest next door, aren't you?”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not especially. I just hope I am satisfactory. Hope to see you all server side!
Hello Scarsworth! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Looks like we're both tolerable. That story still makes me giggle.