Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dinglenuts`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
'Ello. I'm Dinglenuts. Dorium Dinglenuts! Do not laugh at my last name if you don't want a wrench in the side of your head. I came here on a search for a fun time and perhaps something to ease off stress from other things in life.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Canada and my primary language is Engrish!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft by WoW's predecessor; Warcraft 3. I loved the game and when I heard the RPG was coming out, I wasn't to excited. Then one day I played it at my friends house at one point. Loved it since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you with the mighty power of Google. And when I seen Horde, I thought it'd be fun.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a Jack of all Trades. I love any kind of roleplay that can be thrown in my direction. Though overall, I prefer the relaxed life.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race and class is probably Troll (Shadow)Priest. Trolls are or should I say, were a very powerful figure in Azeroth before Nerh'zul and the New Horde showed up. They are not like other games where they are fat, round and savage. No, Trolls in WoW are slim figures with a, pardon my use of terms, sense of humanity. There are also few tribes left that, in the current patch, have band together to fight the Horde and Alliance. All except the Darkspear.
(Shadow)Priest is because I love to hit things hard and I like to hit things fast. I also love the name of the class; Shadow Priest. It also reminds me of Troll priests in Warcraft 3.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My Expectations? My expectations are this will be a blast if I get accepted!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I love the bit on Tolerance. I've been to a few other servers and have been made fun of because I'm Canadian(light knows why).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will complete this later, for I have work in a couple hours.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
So, are we still on the Lich King patches or have updated to Cata?
Hello Dinglenuts (Interesting name)! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

We're still on patch 3.3.5a.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Huzzah friends! Now, to find out how to ascend into Grunt hood... And perhaps find a way to keep the new patch and DL 3.3.5a... Because I updated the game for an eternity and rather not have it wasted.
Kretnub Wrote:Okay, so what's this Gruntship I keep hearing about?
Weeeelllll, there's a few requirements for it. After being active around the server for at least a month, presuming you've had at least one character profile approved, and taking into account you've written a story in your Introduction thread (if you've written a story elsewhere by now, such as in the In-Character forum or the Storylines forum, you can link to your post(s) there), you're free to submit a Grunt Questionnaire. This isn't as much of a 'test' as it is a request for feedback. Please actually provide more than one-line answers, or else your submission could very well be denied. After all, while it may not be a test, per se, we do not allow people to just assume they can put extremely brief answers and not give it any thought.

At any rate, once your questionnaire is submitted, just be patient. Yes, we got it. No, you may not get a response about it for a few days. If there are any factors that are questionable about your potential promotion to Grunt (such as only having, for example, 3 or 4 posts on the forums since being around for at least a month), then we may have it sit there for a bit until more activity is shown. That said, if you mentioned any names in the appropriate sections of the questionnaire, we may have a word with them first about you!

Great! So, what's so awesome about being a Grunt?

Grunts are basically just those that have been around the server for a while, and are ideally active. Being a grunt entitles your characters (with approved profiles) to be insta-leveled to 80 (note that you need to be a grunt to even level manually above 50 as well!). Once a character of yours is leveled, they can head to GM Island and speak to Garokk the Destroyer. He will provide you with a nice chunk of gold, and a couple of 32-slot bags! Grunts also get some other perks, which are explained elsewhere.

From here.
Any tips on what I should do now?
Get ingame and RP.