Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Blood Elf Eye Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nothing fancy, just curious to see what other people's opinions on this may be. If you're roleplaying, and you come across a blood elf that has strange colored eyes (Purple, red, silver, blue etc.) what is your reaction? Is it looked down upon?

Take in consideration that enchanting exists in the Warcraft universe, would it really be that unbelievable that you could have your eye color changed through this? And what about magi? The can create portals that lead to different locations, and even conjure food. It seems like enchanting or even changing one's eye color is easily possible. What do you think?

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on this.
I believe the Blood Elves take on the eye color of the thing they like to munch on, IE Fel.
Thus, you have a choice of... green, a greener green, a bright green, a sparkly green, a foresty green, a faded green, and a flat green.
Other colors are frowned upon here. It will not end well to go with another color.
tl;dr lol no.
I believe the Blood Elves take on the eye color of the thing they like to munch on, IE Fel.
Thus, you have a choice of... green, a greener green, a bright green, a sparkly green, a foresty green, a faded green, and a flat green.
Other colors are frowned upon here. It will not end well to go with another color.
tl;dr lol no.
But you can teleport, create portals and food, give weapons fire properties and make things glow.

Is there anything stating officially that it couldn't happen?
Yes, it is possible.

Do we allow it? Nope.

It's the same with playing things like High Elves and Half Breeds, whilst it is possible, we simply don't wish to allow it.
While there is no where that states it 'cannot happen' for sure...You have to remember, they once were high elves who's eyes are blue from the mana they funneled and used. The same thing happened with the Blood Elves and green because of the fel.

Anyways, why would you want to change the color of their eyes anyways? The Sin'Dorei are a proud race, including but not limited to their eye color.

Forgive any spelling/grammar/punctuation as I have been drinking sunrises to try to get the ducktales theme song from my brain.
I never said I wanted to change the eye color, I was just curious because I've seen people do this before.

I'm glad to see that other people think it's possible though.

Also, is there a link to why this sort of thing isn't allowed? I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. I'd use a search function but I'm waiting to get my introduction approved. ( I think that gives me search abilities? XD)

Keep the opinions coming!
Here on CotH we try to keep the characters rather... normal. Going too far out of racial traits isn't allowed. We try to keep everything in the boundaries of sensibility and authenticity. You will find that many things that are considered normal on Retail RP realms are a definite no-no on CotH. This is what makes us the best maintained RP community out there. :)

EDIT: Damn, Kretol should pay me for posts like that - so good, so fluent and so freakin' raising the rep! LOL
I do not believe there is a link anywhere, it's simply an unspoken rule. We don't want to have Blood Elves changing their eye color to blue and claiming to be High Elves or changing them to purple or red just to be a special snowflake.

Just a matter of common sense, really ^.^
I'm really glad to hear that. Now I'm looking forward even more to meeting this community hopefully. LOL
Cressy Wrote:While there is no where that states it 'cannot happen' for sure...You have to remember, they once were high elves who's eyes are blue from the mana they funneled and used. The same thing happened with the Blood Elves and green because of the fel.

Anyways, why would you want to change the color of their eyes anyways? The Sin'Dorei are a proud race, including but not limited to their eye color.

Forgive any spelling/grammar/punctuation as I have been drinking sunrises to try to get the ducktales theme song from my brain.

Sorry, I'm new here, but I had to chime in as I believe I have a point of relevance.

If I'm reading the Warcraft III manual correctly(sitting here in my lap as I type this for reference), Blood Elves, or Sin'dorei, actually came from Night Elves, and became split off from them right about the time of the The Sundering of the World when the Well of Eternity buckled in upon itself, collapsed and shattered the world. Originally having been called the high-borne, AKA the Quel'dorei, in the personal service of Queen Azshara.

This having been pointed out, I do believe that it's possible to have a blood elf with an eye color other than green given the right circumstances. But this would be extremely rare, and the child might be held as destined for greatness and be like a prince to everyone. Or worse, might be seen as a sign of doom and be shunned or cast out, or both. My point being, they would have not lived a normal life, and may be a situation for a Special Profile as their existence would definitely cause a stir in the Sin'dorei society.

But all that having been said, I also believe that the only other colors that might appear would be silver or amber, the Night Elf eye colors. But as I said, HUGE stir in their society.

Seiyri Wrote:But you can teleport, create portals and food, give weapons fire properties and make things glow.

Is there anything stating officially that it couldn't happen?

Night Elf/Blood Elf eyes actually glow with their inner power born of something so ancient and powerful that no playable magic user could ever hope to effect, and thus changing their physical color via magics would not effect the glow, which is what you see.

Too Long, Didn't Read:
Yes it's possible, but extremely unlikely, and magics will do nothing to change this.
Dinowen Wrote:But all that having been said, I also believe that the only other colors that might appear would be silver or amber, the Night Elf eye colors. But as I said, HUGE stir in their society.

This isn't necessarily true at all. The Highborne, because of their arcane life style and long separation from the Kal'dorei and way of Kal'dorei living became an entirely different race, i.e. High Elves. In the same way Sin'dorei, because of their usage of fel have become somewhat of a different race all together from the High Elves. Are their visible similarities? Yes, but I would be wary of trying to justify a Sin'dorei with amber eyes because Kal'dorei have amber eyes. I'd think now they are similar in the same way that humans and apes have some common ancestor from which they developed. And generally, if its not been seen in lore or no such conclusion has ever been created by lore we probably shouldn't come to the conclusion ourselves.

Regardless, doesn't matter. Answer was already given. No eye color changes.
The only time I've seen this accepted is in the case of Argent Templars, whose training for some reason changes their eye color to that of some random metal color. This is true for all races, as far as I know.
Eye color depends on the source of energy one is absorbing from, as far as Elves go.

Gold = Light.

Silver = Nothing.

Amber = Druidism.

Blue = Arcane.

Green = Fel

Red/Purple = ... I dunno. Probably Arcane as well.

For some reason, High Elves could have Blue, Green, Purple, or Red eyes. I never understood this, really. Perhaps the Arcane comes in many shades? Regardless...

All Blood Elves have green eyes. It is a matter of pride (GLORY TO THE SIN'DOREI) and necessity (I gotta get my fix, maaaan). The addiction to the arcane has been replaced with an addiction to the fel, which gives you green eyes. The result of that intake of fel to compensate for the arcane has thus made their eyes green, with no common way to turn back to any other color, as far as we know.

I would note that there are exceptions to this rule. Extraordinary exceptions.

Exceptions we do not allow without damn good reason. The only two Blood Elves with a different eye color are Arlyn and Lene, and that's because they're both the only prestige that actually forces an eye color change for Blood Elves.

You can not play a High Elf with green eyes. Just as a disclaimer.

Don't take my word for it, though. This is largely speculation, and shouldn't be used in RP, as far as I'm concerned.
Red is from -excessive- Fel, much like the Fel-Orcs.

And purple is indeed Arcane. /nodnod.

Just felt the need to pitch those in. A little addition to that would be how I'd always said one of my mages' horses had glowing eyes due to being exposed to a large amount of Arcane in Dalaran. Since somehow, putting armor on a mount gave them glowing eyes, I felt the need to explain that.
Pages: 1 2