Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: "Handshaking"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After going through the long process of downgrading and re-installing yesterday whenever I try to log in in the last hour or so I just get stuck at "handshaking" even though I've logged in twice since installing it correctly last night, any thoughts what this could be?
I know this issue has cropped up before, but I'm trying to remember what has caused it...

I think it may be a result of the realmlist not being set correctly. Please double-check that you only have one realmlist and that it has the proper address! Remember that it resets after each patch! Also be sure you are running the client from Wow.exe, NOT Launcher.exe. Even if you've changed the shortcut (if you have one on your desktop or somewhere), once patched it will reset back to point to Launcher.
Finally, if you are at the proper patch (the number should be 12340 at the login screen), I highly recommend to rename Launcher to something like LauncherBAK or something else to ensure it won't try to sneakily run.
Thanks for the reply, I've checked the realm list and that matches the one off the Connecting to the server page on the site and I've tried running it directly from the Wow.exe still no luck, sadly.
Have you checked both potential locations for a realmlist and ensured you have only one?
Yes, I've checked all the locations on my computer inside and out there is only one realm list on here. Although I just tried logging in again I got to the character selection screen then it just said "disconnected".

No idea why this is happening considering I've logged in and made a character. :/
Issue has been fixed, I had a mysterious web document in the Wow folder called "J55ll9015xx" no idea what that is. All seems to be fine now and thanks for the help!