Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sindroms`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, what can I say. I have been enjoying the world of roleplay for quite some time now, currently being a healthy 21 yearold guy with a lot of spare time on his hands. I always hold dear to the assumption, that all multiplayer games are only as fun as the people you enjoy them with, so here is my chance to try something completely new. I must say, that I never had much interest in WoW as a game, although I was indeed a bit interested in the overall theme and storyline. I prefer a close circle of friends over a bunch of people I rarely get to see or do not know as well, so I do hope I can fit in this new community. I am a part of a few other roleplaying communities such as Discovery Freelancer roleplay server, for example. As for me as an individual..perhaps I am just a little on the quick-to-judge side, often presenting my opinion without any worry of what such baldness might do to my reputation. So..yeah. Hey.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from a far away country of Latvia. Surely I am not English born, but that never stopped me from learning the language on a level needed to start studying for a professional translator's degree at the local uni. My primary language is, obviously, Latvian, but I also am proficient with both English and Russian and just a little bit of German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I must admit, that the reason for the sudden interest in a game I never was interested in the first place, was a friend of mine. I guess watching him play it on his laptop during the tedious lectures made me want to try it. I blame him.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well...this is my third server, really and the first one for me to pick by myself, not following my friend. We left the first one, because it was more or less...dead. Now I am a regular at the Molten WoW and whatnot, but since I am a fan of roleplaying, a thought came to me...wait...there has to be a private RP server for WoW...

So I googled away and CotH was the first reasonable result.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
There is no real roleplay I would say I enjoy more over the others. I am pretty adaptive and versitile, so it should not pose a problem to either adapting to what I am given or simply moving on for another try. I would, however, chose a pair or trio to roleplay with. A group might just cause too much of a mess.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
You know, ever since I heard the term "Trolls be flippin' out mon!" I cannot help but to adore those rather slow creatures...

Coupled with a bow and arrow and a pet spider to tease (Probably a good back story of why he has only two fingers) and it would all make for a good hunter. Not the most popular class out there (On PvP orientated servers anyway) but oh well.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hard to say..this is my first WoW RP server and I am pretty much intrigued to say the least. With such an elaborate introduction system, I would clearly assume it will not be the usual flood of LOLs and NAABs one would hear from a PvP server chat...Let's just wait and see, I guess.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well, after re-reading the rules I will say one thing. I do like how the composer of the ruleset took into mind on explaining how roleplay should be performed, explaining the proper manners and all. Back in Disco, the RP gaming community I mention before, the ruleset more or less is focused on the player interaction, but it does not exactly state what roleplay is and what are the boundaries. As such, as lot of problems may occur. All is allowed within common sense, but that is such a lose definition indeed.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I prefer to base my stories on ingame experience. Be sure to see a diary or the such soon enough.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Can I come in now, please?
Welcome to the server! I'm a fan of Discovery Freelancer, myself. I hope you have a fantastic time here!

Be sure to look over the rules again sometime in the future, even if you think you don't need to. They're a good thing to be familiar with. Also, be sure to check out the wiki for character profiles, policies, and other good stuff.