Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Axen`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I started playing Warcraft before I started Primary School. My first and favourite game in the series was Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. Up until last year, I was infatuated with the idea of being a part of the Warcraft Universe, and then I discovered that free servers for WoW did exist, and I've been playing since November 2009.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from South Africa, and my home language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother installed a demo of Warcraft 2 for me when I was around 6 years old. Its also how I developed my love of Alliance. After my brother borrowed the full version of the game from a friend of his, I got thrown deeper into the plot. Even at that age, I thought the voice acting was superb and enjoyed listening to the lore behind each mission before it started. I started playing WoW in November 2009, when I decided to buy it and get addicted again.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I saw some Youtube vids on some RP private server advertisements, and decided to try to use google to find more info about them. I found this server first, and avoided it, because I find it difficult to play as a Horde character, even more so to try to RP as one. But after looking through the wiki, I see some things I like.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to think of my character as a heroic character like Varak Saurfang or Velen in the making. He is an extension of what I've always wanted to do as part of the Warcraft Universe, modified a bit to suit the current state of the affairs on Azeroth.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race? Draenei

I cannot stress how much I love the lore behind this race. Every spare moment I get is spent in the Exodar, meeting new people, trading, organising my bank or defending my home and the Prophet with every last bit of strength I have.

I play as Warrior because my character's personality is slightly cynical and sarcastic, and values strength and skill over the power of their faith. I also feel that Warriors symbolise fortitude, honour and respect.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping to join a Draenei guild and start my characters story as the next great Harbinger. I am a first time RP-er, but I have a good knowledge of the game and the lore that surrounds it. I hope to bring some life to the Exodar, and meet people who feel the same way as I do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
MATURITY!

"Specifically, the ability to deal with issues in a rational, reasonable, adult manner. It means being able to have the clarity of vision to be critical and honest with oneself, and to act based on the greater good rather than the personal good."

Could. Not. Agree. More.
This statement defines my attitude as a player. You do not obey rules because they are put there to limit you. You do not break rules because your self discipline does not allow otherwise. When all else fails, be a man, make the right decision.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"And these creatures... are called Murlocs?" Axen frowns in disgust. "Their choice of diet is... admirable."

The dwarf snorted and wiped his bearded face with a mailed gauntlet. "Aye! Nasty little critters, these... Fish Men" Both men stared at the mauled corpse in morbid fascination, then listened to the gargling noises in the distance. Axen's face twists in disgust as he looks at his dwarven friend. "The guard DID say he wanted proof..." The dwarf laughed again and muttered "I ain't touchin' that son..."

Axen sighed and sucked in a deep breath as he stepped towards the fetid remains, digging around and retrieving a medallion. Arriving back alongside his comrade, he wiped his gauntlet on the dwarf's tabard. He groaned and examined the stain "Now tha' was unnecessary lad." Axen grinned and replied modestly "Forgive me, I am not yet accustomed to Azerothian customs." Axen's face took on a more serious tone as he spotted a band of Murlocs approaching. Drawing his blade, his feet shifting into position as he tightened his grip around the hilt. He noticed his friend had his weapon drawn, and had a bloodthirsty look in his eyes.

"If I get the last kill, you're payin' fer the drinks when we get back."
Axen grins viciously.
"Now this custom... I'm familiar with..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to the server! We aren't a Horde-only RP server by any means, despite the name, and we actually have quite a lot of Alliance and cross-faction RP.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend checking out the wiki and reading up on the rules and policies! If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of the GMs, or any other friendly players, or even make a forum topic.

Hope to see you ingame soon!