Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Russ0`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I don't have much to say, I'm not the type of guy that goes around self-describing but... my name is Gabriel and I've been always the type of guy that doesn't like the frenetic playing; I don't like games like CS, etc. I like a game with a GOOD history (and a ending) behind it, and that's the only reason I play WoW today; I used to hate MMORPGs because they are all the same thing, but as I've finished the campaign of warcraft 3 (and expansion) and did really liked it, I WoW felt a bit attractive to me. I've played some games in the past and tried to roleplay on them, like SA:MP, Lineage 2 etc. and I'm trying WoW now.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Brazil, my primary language is portuguese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Friends start playing and they call'd me to play with them, but as I made clear before, I don't like MMORPGs too much and the only reason why I did came to WoW is the history behind it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Honestly, CotH is the only roleplay server I know of. I found this site by searching on google "wow roleplay private".

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I would like some type of political roleplay, that would be really interesting. Like running a guild / clan / tribe. But the kind of roleplay would be mostly standing in the city making conversations, in some times, fighting etc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Shaman. Mostly because shamans are the politics of the horde, leading tribes / clans etc.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, honestly, I don't know how the roleplay is supposed to happen in wow as it is pretty new to me, the last roleplay game I played was SA:MP rp servers so we had commands like /b to OOC, etc, I don't know how it will be on wow.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. I really hate communities where people are always offending each other, this just makes people angry and when I try to join a community, I expect it to bring me fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
' Did you heard that, Chief? ' said the young-looking orc to another orc at his side, while glancing around to the forest of the depths of Stranglethorn Valley - ' No, I didn't, warrior. We must focus though, we need that vial and nothing can disturb our way to it... ' said the older-looking orc, named Worgar; who, guessing by it rare equipments, was a important person inside the horde. It was a group of Worgar and two warriors in a expedition to the alleged fountain of life, which is supposed to be somewhere in Stranglethorn Valley and can heal any wounds; every single orc knows Worgar's history... his son, with an infected injury at his left leg has checked every single doctor in the entire durotar; even got examinated by one or two human medics - bribed by Worgar -. The expedition is the last hope of a desperate father, with one daughter lost in battle and a son about to die if he do nothing. Ah, the Fountain of Life, supposed to be protected by the 'valley trolls for centuries; a legend to many, though... After walking two days, the group finally find something; a fountain which water is supplied by a near crystalline waterfall, but would it be the same fountain from the legend? It could be, the reports from Worgar says nothing from here. This is just a shortened version of Worgar's diary. His last pages says: "I found the fount" and then, the page is torn and soiled with blood.

The diary was found by Booty Bay's goblins. Who knows what happened to Worgar?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No question.
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Political RP might be very interesting, and I don't think it's done all that much [not that I've personally seen] thus seeing life sparked into it would be nice. Though...for some reason when I think Orc politics, I think of an Orc in a nearly ripped suit holding a briefcase. Derp. Feel free to contact me in game if you come up with any questions or send me a PM on the forums.

Hope you enjoy your stay!