Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: KarlWaren`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, what can I say? I've been into roleplaying and WoW for a while, although I quite when Casual-I mean Cataclysm came out. I've been roleplaying for about five (-ish) years now, in WoW, SWG and Warhammer Online. I'm big into Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy, which is why I like WoW's story line, because it's so much like Warhammer Fantasy (Some may even say it's a rip off, but I digress). Also have written a couple of short stories for Star Wars and Warhammer 40k, personally I think they're pretty good. I have an insane amount of free time, so I'm active quite a bit as well.

I also like long walks on the beach, if anyone's interested.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
US, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
One of my friends got me into about four months before Burning Crusade came out. Loved it up until Cataclysm.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Got bored with WoW, wanted to get back into roleplaying.

So I google searched 'WoW RP Private Servers' and this is the first one to pop up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer fighting kinds of Roleplaying. But not the whole ‘Oh my god, we're surrounded, but we're insane badasses, so we're going to be fine'. Doesn't mean I don't like to play as a complete and utter badass, I just don't like the always outnumbered and coming out unscratched sort of thing. I also, generally, don't like RPing in small group, like two or three people, I prefer more people in the RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is Human, dunno why though. Just always found it funner to play as something that looks like me, I'm guessing.

I also like to play as Paladins, but ones that are generally more dark and gritty. Not some high, noble guy but one of those guys that has a grim outlook on things, because of what he has seen.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Have some fun, good RPing, nice people and have it be populated.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance, mainly because I can't stand sexism and racism. I have both of those things with the burning intensity of a thousand suns.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((From a RP that I started on a different site, set in the Warhammer 40k Universe. This is only near the beginng, a Tyranid hive fleet is currently moving towards this Imperial World. Be warned, it's moderetly long and slightly violent.))

Viena's Hope (Capital).
Planetary Governor's Mansion.

Vonreuter Malachai nearly jumped out of his chair as he heard the sound of gunfire in his hallway. He had been sitting in his room, looking through reports coming in from Imperial Outpost 2-1. He dove under his desk, barely fitting under it, even though the desk was huge. He heard shouting, and kicking at the door. The door flew open, and a group of Stormtroopers dashed threw the opening, their Hellguns ready to fire at anything that moved.

“Governor, are you alright?” one of the Stormtroopers yelled, as they began to spread out, weapons still ready to fire.

“Don't shoot!” Vonreuter yelled, as he struggled to pull himself from under his desk.

One of the younger Stormtroopers flinched slightly at the Governor's size, Vonreuter straightened out his equally large robes, and looked up at the Stormtrooper

“What the hell is going on?!” he yelled at them.

“No time, let's go Governor,” One of the Stormtroopers said, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him towards the door.

The sound of Gun fire became louder as they neared the exit of the Mansion, and it became almost deafening as they reached the front door, Vonreuter covered his ears with his hands, in a vain attempt to drown out the noise. The Stormtroopers quickly ran out the door, and the Governor followed them, and gasped in horror at the scene in front of him. Immediately outside of the Mansion was a single Chimera APC, with a small group of more Stormtroopers, one of whom was almost disemboweled, the group Medicade trying desperately to stop the bleeding. But that isn't what shocked him, hundreds of Mutants flooded the courtyard, their faces contorted, many had three arms, and sharp claws. Others looked almost human, but their eyes where much too big, and their heads where shaped oddly, some of them carried Autoguns, while most carried around axes and clubs, minus of course the ones with claws.

One of the Stormtroopers jumped up from behind cover, and opened fire with his Flamer, which killed a score of Mutants, but none of them stopped, or even made a sound. They just continued to run towards the APC, covered in flames, firing their weapons as they ran, without ever making a single sound. That's when a large explosion threw Vonreuter to the ground; the Chimera had been hit by a rocket. Almost all of the Stormtroopers where dead, pools of blood forming around them. He yelled out as the swarm of Mutants walked silently towards him, killing any surviving Stormtroopers as they went…

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just have one question. I was wondering if I can use some material that my old WoW guild used, since I was planning on continuing my character from said guild on this server.

If not, that's perfectly fine; I'll just adjust his background to fit this server instead.
Hello there KarlWaren, and welcome to CotH.
This is my first approval! Everyone keeps jumping on the new ones before I can; how distressing.
Well, there are many new ones like you, but you are mine! *Cackles*

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

I don't see why you couldn't bring your character over here.
We follow lore accurately, though keep in mind that we're currently sitting in the period following the Lich King's demise. As long as your retail character's history doesn't conflict with the timeline, he or she should be good to go!
By the way, I greatly enjoy your literary voice. Thank you for writing up a story in your application!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.