Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dinowen`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player? I'm a nutter. I just enjoy having fun. If it makes me smile, I'll do it. And while I'm doing whatever it is that I'm doing, if I can make others smile along the way, rock on. I love to help people when and how I can, and I try to keep myself in a friendly mood often. I'm a 30 year old woman who just enjoys MMOs.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States, and English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh my, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. Long ago. I hate tactical strategy games(I'm rubbish at them), but I loved the story behind Warcraft. And I followed it all the way through Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. Where I was treated to a lovely preview video of World of Warcraft, and knew instantly that I had to play this.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Long time veteran(four years) of retail roleplay servers, I grew disillusioned with how Blizzard ran them, and struck out on my own to find these fabled private servers Blizzard doesn't want you to know about. And after hopping around, and only finding bliz-kid servers, I tripped over yours in my rush to escape and thought, "Why not?"

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love a good free form story, though something guided is not beyond me. For me a well written death scene can be just as exciting as a heart pounding fight scene with goblin explosions(no, not actual exploding goblins). I'm rubbish in a crowd, I get lost easily. Pairs usually works best for me, though I will do a crowd scene every so often just for the story it will add to my character's background. "Hey, I was there when they tried that traitor."

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elf Priest. After actually reading the instruction booklet for Warcraft III and seeing the full Night Elf background from the beginning with the Well of Eternity, I was hooked. And Priest, the ultimate helper class in terms of game mechanics.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Maturity above a 3rd grade level mainly. Seriously, please. I'll beg if it will help. Do you accept cookies? Oh, and roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity - You made it a rule! I only hope this means I don't have to extend my pinky finger when drinking tea.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Alright, alright. Settle down children. Take your places by the fire here and I will tell you the story of Old Lady Aziza." Darion spoke as she took his seat on the largest stump. "Old Lady Aziza once used to live around here in these woods, in a cabin built by her husband, Reginald. Her husband having died many years ago in the war with the Orcs. So Aziza spent her days tending her modest garden, kept company by her two cows, the chickens and her cat Charlie." Darion reached over to place another log onto the fire as he continued. "Well, one day she heard a rustling outside her house. It sounded very much like someone or something was getting into her garden. Naturally, she grabbed her rake next to the door and went outside to check on the sound, prepared to find some rabbit or squirrel getting into her carrots." Darion learned forward slightly looking at each child gathered in turn as he spoke. "But it wasn't a rabbit." Darion then paused a moment for dramatic effect, allowing one of the children to speak up. "What was it?" Darion took a deep breath, extending the suspense before continuing. "It was a large... Orc!" This cause the children to jump slightly. "He was pulling up carrots and beets from the garden, sniffing them and tossing them aside in a pile. As you can imagine, Aziza let out a loud shriek at seeing this and started back for the house intent on getting inside and locking the door. But the Orc was much faster than her and managed to grab her collar from behind just before she could make it to the doorway. Saying something in their strange language, Aziza could only imagine that she was now on the menu for this brute and there was nothing she could do about it." As they listened, the children started to huddle closer to each other, fearing that this was the end for poor old lady Aziza. "But as it turned out, the loud shriek had gotten the attention of the sleeping Charlie, who had climbed up on the roof hours earlier and took a nap near the chimney smelling the smells of what Aziza had been cooking. And as he saw his beloved owner in trouble, something came over him and he rushed down the thatched roof like a bolt from a storm. Leaping from the edge he wrapped his body around the face of the Orc and started clawing with the ferocity of a Nightsaber. With a loud howl the Orc released Aziza allowing her to make it inside her house and lock the door behind her. The last thing Aziza heard from outside was the loud howling of the Orc as it ran back into the woods." Tossing another log onto the fire, Darion finished up with the story. "Aziza never saw Charlie again after that. But she never forgot him either. She set up a shrine just outside her door, almost in the exact spot where he had saved her from the Orc and allowed her to escape. Some even believe that Charlie still stalks these woods, keeping travelers safe from predators that may try to pray on them. And some have said they've even heard a cats meow off in the distance, warning them of danger just before an animal attack, allowing them to get to safety." Darion then smiled big to each of the children. "So you shouldn't have anything to fear. Old Charlie will protect you. Now, off to bed with you, we have a long hike ahead of us." And with that the children started to move into their tents, content that they were safe in these woods.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just to clarify, I'm actually quite mature. If I seem a little "childish" at times, it's just part of my fun loving personality. Like I said before, I like to have fun, and I like to make people smile.
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Your offering of cookies have caught my interest. You may enter, young one. [So long as they are chocolate chip.] Try to use a little more spacing in stories though. The wall of text is not pleasing to the eyes! [I also admit I gigglesnorted though the humor in this.]

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Yeah, wall-o-text assaulted me as well when I saw the finished and approved Introduction. I'm normally a far better writer, but I really wasn't sure how your Introduction form handled paragraphing as I would have normally done for that. In the end I thought wall-o-readable-text was preferable over wall-o-possibly-misformated-evil-text-eyesore.

I'm happy you're happy, and always chocolate chip.

=^.^=