Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Asgrim`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I got started playing D&D and Shadowrun in the early 90s. Before then, my exposure to roleplaying had been limited to console games. I was completely taken by it and spent the next several years playing with a few different groups. In '96 I heard about the Ultima Online beta test and immediately applied for it (I'm a huge fan of Ultima)... playing in a world with other people online became my new obsession. Back then you had all types of players in the same game... it was a great place to roleplay! Since those days I have bounced around various games, but outside of UO the only ones to really grab me were DAOC and later, WoW.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the US and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played the first Warcraft game, but strategy games have never been my forte. It wasn't until WoW came out that I really became exposed to the lore.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I decided to search around and see if there were any private RP'ing servers out there and this was the first one that turned up. After looking around more it became apparent that this was the place to be!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy fighting, action and danger most definitely! While I'll sit in a tavern and have an ale, I'd much rather be out in the wilds, hunting. I enjoy hunting with a group, but I also like to have my own adventures.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've always preferred playing human characters most because of the diversity that they have... and also for other purely aesthetic reasons. My second choice would probably be dwarf because the gruff, belligerent nature is fun to RP!

What are your expectations of this server?:
To find a mature community to interact with and to feel like *part* of that community rather than being just one of the random millions of people who log in and mindlessly run quests.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, most definitely. I'm a grown man now, and I really just want to unwind and have an adventure with likeminded people. Drama and immaturity just break my immersion and make me want to stray...

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Will complete later!)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Overall, I'm just a regular Joe who is looking for a good place to play and meet people. I enjoy roleplaying and being part of a community. I'm really looking forward to doing some crafting as well... That aspect has always been appealing to me! Hope to see you in-game!
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

I know a -little- about Shadowrun, from what I saw/did with it, it looked very interesting. I too play D&D, though hate the start-up process with it. So many numbers! When you do complete the story later for grunt-ship, use the In-character thread or the Storyline thread. I'm glad you think this is the place to be.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

hello.. i am Mark from USA ,Ak,Anchorage,nice to meet you,im just new here..i'll hope that i can have new friend here..