Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Bad Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BAD BUSINESS

[Image: 35iay4w.jpg]
There once was a city.

It was a bad city. It was a dirty and dark city. It was a city with bad people who had bad hearts. It was a city where people did bad things using bad means.

It was rotten to the core.

And it was your city. It was my city. It was the city of every villain, murderer and cut-throat who ever crawled out of the fettid marshes or picked their way out of a shallow grave.

And now it has come to an end.

The Catacombs shall die. But it shall not die quietly. No. It shall end in fire and death. And in its death a new threat, a greater threat, shall rise.

Good or bad, you have an obligation now. A bad city is going under. But from its corpse new evil shall rise. Will you fight? Or will you flee?

It's time for some bad business.

The storyline is centered around the destruction of the Catacombs and the eventual establishment of a new, neutral city. Players who participate in it will have a chance in helping establish new lore for the server as well as placing their mark for future players to witness.

Events will have 6 to 8 people. Players who have not participated in a previous event from the storyline will be given preferential treatment when time comes for signing up for events. Each event will revolve around the roll system and revolve heavily around combat.

By participating in an event you agree to a character warning upon your participating character. These warnings involve maiming, disfigurement and death. If you do not wish for these to happen to your character then please do not participate.

The thread will be updated as more information is released.

Use http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc to match the times listed below with your own time-zone.

The House Doesn't Always Win
When
Saturday, June 4rd at 2:00 PM (14:00) Server Time
Where
Catacombs
Who
Evil/Neutral Only
(Those commonly allowed into the Catacombs)
Info
A new denizen makes their way into the Catacombs. Through their hubris, the end of the necropolis is set in motion.
Overview
The evening began when the mysterious Count Yolrik Rutherford accosted the current Caretaker, Kimee Frothshackle. Demanding a duel for the keys to the Catacombs, the count was surprised when Miss Frostshackle willingly relinquished her position to him. Yet his victory was shortlived when one of the Catacomb Necromancers, Odellis, challenged his position.

The battle went poorly. The Count’s many artifacts and relics failed him and, ultimately, he was begging for mercy from Odellis, shielding himself behind a small diary. The shield proved more then adequate, however, when it absorbed the spell and released a mysterious volley of purple necromantic energy. The energy destroyed the Count before wrecking all the wards and shields that protected the Catacombs.

With the roof caving in and zombies pouring out of mysterious portals ripped open by the discharged, the adventurers fled through the Catacombs before fleeing up the chute. Frost Wyrms, hords of zombies and siege weapons all daunted them.

Before they escaped, however, they were accosted by a mysterious female Lich. Declaring herself the ruler of the Catacombs, she vowed to turn her new army upon Stormwind and finish what the Lich King attempted.

Ms. Subtle

When
Saturday, June 11th at 6:00 PM Server Time (15:00)
Where
Catacombs Entrance
Who
All Characters
Info
With reports of the new Lich and her army, a coalition of Duskwood Night Watchmen and Stonard Grunts have combined resources and powers to destroy this enemy and protect their holdings.

Having wrestled control of the entrance chamber, they have set up camp and begun preparations.

A large piece of siege equipment has been seen being wheeled into the Catacombs. Already the coalition has sent word across Azeroth, begging for heroes and adventurers to come and aid their fight.
Overview
Our intrepid adventurers gather at the newly erected camp. After meeting with the non-plused commander they are given a single task: Take an Ironforge Tank deep into the Catacombs and destroy the Corpse Runner, a necromantic-fueled tank that has been mulching survivors and turning them into undead fodder for the new army.

Taking the new tank the heroes ventured into the depths of the Catacombs. In a vaulted hallway they are attacked by the Corpse Runner. Side by side they race through a sea of undead, the adventurers battling the Skeletal Crew: Commander Hulrok, the skeletal Argent Crusader; Siege Engineer Vilenut, the madman with a rivet gun and The Gunner, a poor soul driven to madness and welded to the back of the destructive cannon.

After battling the tide the adventurers managed to destroy the tank. Yet, with their own tank crippled, they are left stranded deep in the Catacombs and surrounded by a sea of undead.

Through a team effort they manage to dispatch the horde long enough to make their escape. T

They were heralded as 'just doing their job' and given a pittance by the commander, who promptly went back to smoking a dubious cigar.

As the event ended a group of robed men were seen carting off a body from the Catacombs.

Sparkling Prize
When
Friday, June 18 at 6:00 PM Server Time (15:00)
Where
Catacombs Entrance
Who
All Characters
Info
With their main means of recruitment destroyed, the Commander sends the heroes down into the depths to destroy The Matrix, a mysterious machine that is working on bringing the Catacombs defenses online and transforming the ruins into a true impregnable fortress.
Overview
Released After Event's Completion

Borderplace
When
Monday, July 11
Where
Evil Island, Northrend
Who
All Characters
Info
After the disaster at the Catacombs a new coalition of Darkshire watchmen and Stonard orcs have banded their resources together. Under the leadership of a powerful Argent crusader, they have headed to Northrend to put a stop to the Lich and her plans before they reach fruition.

The first step? Strike down the enemy's power source: A well of souls.
Overview
After slaughtering their way through the harbor village the adventurers came upon the inn. Within they found the well of souls, a brazier containing the trapped memories of the town's dead inhabitants. Before they could break it, however, the adventurers tripped a safety mechanism, trapping their own minds within the brazier. Within they had to relive the last day before the island fell.

Together the adventurers defeated a Soul Demon and escaped, returning back to their own reality. After destroying the brazier, the Lich's control over the town was lifted and supplies and soldiers began to move inland.

Icky Thump

When
Wednesday, July 13 at 3 pm Server Time
Where
Evil Island, Northrend
Who
All Characters
Info
TBA
Overview

Warpigs
When
Monday, July 18 at 3 pm Server Time
Where
Evil Island, Northrend
Who
All Characters
Info
TBA
Overview

King Tossin'
When
Wednesday, July 20th at 3 pm server time.
Where
Evil Island, Northrend
Who
All Characters
Info
TBA
Overview

The Rise
When
Friday, July 22 at 3 pm Server Time
Where
Pirate Ship
Who
All Characters
Info
TBA
Overview

Pale Bitch
When
Tuesday, July 26 at 1 pm Server Time
Where
Evil Island, Northrend
Who
All Characters
Overview
Reserved
I'll hop on if I can for these events! /nod
Please use server time as the base/standard. Also, if it's 12pm PDT/3pm PDT, please state so! The way it's written at the moment makes me think it's at midnight! Hehe.
..."Because of "Doomsday prediction" for May 21st some Homepage "time" functionality has been temporarily disabled.
Sorry For The Inconvenience."

I dislike your website.
I recommend; http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Much easier to use, and less madness all around it. ^^
Because of a glitch on my end, my forum clock reads out in a PDT format that is not meshed with other people. As such, it is rather difficult for me to write out the forum time and also follow it easily.

However, I've changed the converter. While I'm still not a 100% sure what you mean by "Doomsday" (I clicked on it just now and received no annoying pop-up windows) I've switched out to a more user-friendly converter.
Rosen, the world is supposed to end at 6:00 PM local time. Rolling earthquakes and whatnot.
Yeah. That's not happening.

Still tinkering around with the time conversion.

EDIT: A rather embarrassing mistake, I seemed to have included a date.

And nobody pointed that chestnut out! A shame, you lot!
I think Ralyne will be there. I'll have to double check my schedule.
As a reminder, this Friday will be the first event in the chain.

Not to divulge too much information, but this fine event will challenge a players intelligence over their luck with rolls. Brain over brawn applies!

Until then, villains!
:(

That's 1 PM where I'm at, won't be able to make it.
Because of a few difficulties we have been forced to re-schedule the inaugural event to Saturday, June 4th at 2:00 PM (14:00) Server Time.

We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Sincerely,
The Management
I'll do my best to be there (:
Thank you for everyone who participated in today's event.

Next event will be June 11th at 6:00 PM or 15:00. All people, good, evil and neutral, can participate.

Look above for event information.

With reports of the new Lich and her army, a coalition of Duskwood Night Watchmen and Stonard Grunts have combined resources and powers to destroy this enemy and protect their holdings.

Wrestling control of the entrance chamber, they have established a camp to make sure the horde doesn’t pour out of the Catacombs and overrun the area.

A large piece of siege equipment has been seen being wheeled into the Catacombs. Already the coalition has sent word across Azeroth, begging for heroes and adventurers to come and aid their fight. Money, fame and fortune has been promised to protect Stormwind and the orcish settlements.

This new Lich Queen must be stopped!
Pages: 1 2