Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: maxi91291`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi everyone ! My name is Marek (Mark) and Im 20 years old. Ive been playing WOW for some time now (with a lot of long-term breaks) and I found out Im not much of a pvp player and that pvp can get really boring after some time so I want to give roleplaying a shot.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Im from Slovakia – central Europe (We hosted the hockey championship this year :D) so my primary language would be Slovak but Ive been studying english for 15 years (since kindergarden) so my english is not that bad. Ive even finished a bilingual english-slovak high school so english is not a problem. I also know a little german and french. I hope that you dont mind I dont use diacritics because my keyboard is set to Slovak and it is a little different.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I used to play Warcraft II when I was little and of course Warcraft III later on.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well when you do a google search on „private rp servers“ this is one of the top choices that pops up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I think Ill enjoy everything you throw at me. Looking forward to “tavern“ roleplaying (with a glass of vodka next to my keyboard :D )

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well this is the one thing I still havent figured out. I mean Ive tried ever single race-class combination but just havent found my thing yet. But my top choices for races would include Draenei (they remind me of Slavs) , Orcs (Strength and honor, We are all brothers and especially Thrall with his big-a.. hammer) and Dwarves (I dont have a drinking problem – I drink, I get drunk – no problem :D ). Regarding classes I have to go with rogues because I always liked those spy/agent/ninja characters with style and brains.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well frankly I hope it would live up to everything you claim it is on the forum.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, maturity.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
„Bottoms up gentlemen ! Were about to close“.

„Oh come on Ivan ! Dont you see he hit rock-bottom !? Be a friend and let him sleep overnight, I mean he already passed out so he wont cause any trouble!“

„Well alright but thats just because he used to help me around in this place. But the rest of you leave now!“

Those were the last words I remember from last night. Im glad that Ivan let me sleep in his tavern because frankly I dont have anywhere else to go.

But it wasnt always like this...

My name is Markyz. My friends used to call me „big-headed“ cause I was always the good student. My father was a steam-tank builder in Ironforge but he had to leave because he lost his job so he went to Stormwind to buy a house a live a descent life with the gold he made during his facory years. He met my mother in Goldshire who was a student of herbalism at that time and they moved to Stormwind together.

Stormwind was and is my territory, my playgroung since a learned how to walk. I know every backalley, every place where the gangs meet, every place of buisness in this city. I have known it since I met my friends and we established our own gang, The Old Town a Dwarven District were our territories. Since we were little we met all the „big players“ in Stormwinds underground (some of them were even part of SI: 7 but that was just a rumour) and they always considered us to be „the next generation“ so they instructed us on how to survive on the streets. That was my „school of life“ , my SECRET life – my REAL life. My other life was that of a student in Stormwinds law school. I wanted to study law and lore so one day I could become a paladin. My fellow gangmembers and the senior gangmembers encouraged me in this because they thought that having a paladin in their ranks would be good for buisness. But dont get me wrong. We werent cutthroats or thieves, we were „the protectors“ of the streets and the common people and the LAW OF THE STREETS. We were the ones who protected those who couldnt get protection anywhere else.

Those were the good days.

Everything changed when the old gangs were disbanded by the autorithies and half of our „senior instructors“ were put in jail for taking the law into theirs own hands and fighting against the Defias brotherhood on Stormwinds soil.

Then my mother became seriously ill and I had to drop out of school to look after her. After she passed away my father started to drink even more then he used to and he drank himself right into his own grave.

SO now Im at a crossroads in my life. I abandoned my hopes of becomeing a paladin and became something what the people call „a rouge“ ... I hope I can still find some of the old gangmembers who may have some connections to the SI: 7 and maybe they could help me to get out of this desperate situation but I doubt they will even remember me . I was just a boy back in those days.

So now Im on my way to Northshire with a hope to start a new life. From now on my story would be told in what is called CoTH...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just want to finally play...
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Nice story! I don't think I've seen someone from Solvakia yet, though I could be wrong. If you hadn't of said anything, I never would have guessed you weren't a native English speaker. I hope we're able to live up to what we claim as well, and even more so reach your expectations! There is much Tavren RP, and the hotspot for this would be Booty Bay.

Hope you enjoy your stay!