Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Event Interest Inventory Part 2!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening there! I did this last time, so perhaps it would be most prudent to do it again. After my month and a half break (starting on May 31st) I'll be wanting to run something, but I'm not entirely sure of what. Since you guys will be the ones putting up with my antics, I thought it best to let you give some say in what /announce shouts you see.

Event 1: Battlefield: Khaz Modan
Essentially this would be a more honed set of events quite similar to the Battle of Stonetalon. Due to shortening out the Battle of Stonetalon, I really didn't get to put into use many of the gimmick events, such as air combat and stealth missions. As well, this event line will only involve the use of the Alliance faction, as the enemy is an NPC group of Dark Irons. With this setup I hope to make the most use of the faction, and allow players to see more of the complete storyline; the Battle of Stonetalon, while perhaps more inclusive towards both the Horde and Alliance, could leave players a bit fractured on the progression, should they miss an event for their faction. With only one faction, I hope to make the events mesh much tighter, and especially allow for characterization of the major figures on both sides.

As stated above, this event line will also use special 'gimmick' events, where the players will be allowed to use vehicles in combat or perhaps have a more specialized objective to a mission; These events would be somewhat sparse depending on both their reception and their length, though.

The main setup is a player manned brigade (as well as mercenaries willing to aid) combating different threats in the whole of Khaz Modan, largely based out of the Ironforge Airfield. From here the players either fly into battle or are parachuted out of transport craft. Those not air combat inclined will maintain gunner seats, able to either fire turrets or fling spells. The basic lead-in into the story is that the group discovers a much larger threat than the roving bands of Dark Irons, and from there the full story begins!

It's PvE, full of action, and will be basing itself in Ironforge when events aren't running. It largely centers in the Wetlands, though other areas of Khaz Modan will be brought into missions as well.

After: Further events will center on single faction storylines, usually following a military regiment. Dungeoneer events will be separate.

Event 2: Mimiron's Anchorage - Product Launch

This was the starting point for the Anchorage plotline I had originally conceived. It would begin with a bit of a start up party to attract people, then begin to dole out work. After a bit of 'normal' activity in a city full of engineers, a discovery kicks in and people are assembled to aid the town.

I don't wish to spoil too much on this, so that's all the summary I'm giving: It has mutants, explosions, and a parasite, and would again be PvE. Players will have the chance to man heavy machinery such as shredders and go on bombing runs against enemy targets. A lot of player reaction determines how the plot moves.

After: Events will focus on the Anchorage and improving it. Dungeoneer events will be centered around the Anchorage as well in the form of salvaging objects for scientific use. Events will usually be based around combative situations.

Event 3: The Mistwalkers: March to Tanaris

Ever play Troll Tribes on Warcraft III? This idea is largely based off of that, and revolves around Mistwalker trolls (the trolls in Azshara) who are trying to promote their tribe and the troll way of life by taking groups on something of a wilderness retreat. Participants strip down to the basics- cloth armor and their fists to fend for themselves in the wilds. The Mistwalkers lead and watch over the participants, making sure none of them get their heads bitten off by crocodiles. Characters will make their own weapons, armor, and parts of their camp following Mistwalker guidance, making their way as nomads from Azshara to Tanaris to visit the troll ruins in the desert.

This particular event is much more relaxed than the others, and lends itself a bit more to a social aspect.

Hunt! Fight! Live! Be a troll!

After: Events will center in and around Azshara Crater, and the Mistwalker Retreat will repeat occasionally. Mix of social and combat events. Dungeoneer will take place in the crater in the form of tests of strength and treasure hunts for the tribe.

And that's my three! Tell me what you think, and vote in the poll above!
I vote for the Mimiron's Anchorage! Sounds like the whackiest and funniest of all, my opinion. :)
Going to place a bump here, since I want to see how many votes and comments I can accumulate before I return and start an event half the server was aware of.

So far we have a tie, it seems.
I voted for the March, if only for Shivala to be able to annoy the hell out of -everybody- else that's marching.
March, for sure. Without a doubt. Anything that involves walking half the length of Kalimdor is already awesome, but then throw in the best race in Warcraft lore?

*Drool*

If I had to pick one of the others however, I'd opt for the Khaz Modan event.
Should it be possible for me to do one of these, I'd pick the Mistwalker one. It sounds very interesting and relaxing.
I've come to the decision to make this a bit more long-lasting than intended. In short, I've come to the conclusion that it would be extremely unprofitable to jump between event lines; to, say, hold the troll event then hold a vote and run a battlefield event. Doing so is kinda eclectic, at best, and it wouldn't generate any more RP than the events themselves- Because I doubt anyone is jumping to RP in a place that will be practically abandoned for another once an event has concluded.

In short, this is the idea: I'll take the event and the general theme and run with it. If you're wondering what will happen to events such as the Dungeoneer line-up, they'll be incorporated into the theme as well, be it the Anchorage sending you via teleport or the trolls creating a portal. With this in mind it would ground the Dungeoneer stuff to a central point, and hopefully create more RP there.

Anyways, here is what I'm considering:

Battlefield: Khaz Modan: After the initial event is over I would move to another Battlefield event- In short, using lots of military RP, likely using reoccurring factions and NPCs. This wouldn't really stay to any particular zone, but the continuing events should generate interest in faction vs faction RP and the like- More militant characters, hopefully. I think that introducing the military events could be done in campaigns against NPC factions, then perhaps these groups could be used in campaigns against one another for Alliance vs Horde events.

Dungeoneer events would continue as is, completely separate. I'd likely run smaller patrol events and such, as not to wear people out with long-winded campaigns back to back. Odds are the smaller events would be a gradual lead in, though.

Mimiron's Anchorage: After the initial event I would continue with Anchorage events, incorporating the Dungeoneer style events into resource gathering and the like. I'd probably come up with some more plot points, to continue on with a storyline.

Mistwalkers: After the initial event, Dungeoneer events would center in the Mistwalker Village, and other tribe activities would be used for event purposes. I already have some plots I could put into play with this, including some trippy dream sequence events led by a villainous hexxer.

...Just my thoughts so far.
Just a heads up!

I'm planning on cutting off the voting and making my decision once the month is done. So far we're leaning towards to Mistwalker Retreat.

Spoiler:
[Image: MistwalkerTanarisPoster.jpg]

Whoo Trolls!
In Tanaris, Troll be you.
Just a bump to remind that voting will end at the end of the month (four days)!

I'm going to make a sidenote that due to the time I'll be getting back I may try to throw a summer festival or something for the Mistwalkers before we get into the retreat, if that ends up being the case. As well, I've gone ahead and thrown up the intended course of my events after these in the main post, for those who haven't seen them yet.

Thanks!
And the polls are closed!

All I can say is thank god it didn't end in a tie. I'll need to get to brainstorming some now!

Thanks for your votes, and I'll see you (more actively) soon!
A little update regarding this stuff- I will be running the Khaz Modan events after Skin Thieves finishes, to make sure it doesn't overlap too bad. I'll be getting an actual post up for the event itself soon, and once Skin Thieves is over and the NPCs needed are added, I'll lay out the starting date.

I am keeping Dungoneer in mind; lately I'm toying with how to include a bit of a better story alongside the events. I'll probably get that going during or after Khaz Modan.

Anyways. Looking forward to it!
Shame I missed the poll, but I am really looking forward to Khaz Modan. If it's anything like Stonetalon.... It'll be awesome. It'll be nice to bring out the dwarves, all real folk have at least one. :3