Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gyiyg`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
All right, Hi Conquest of the Horde, my name is Anton Ohlsson! I'm a 17 year old boy who's been playing WoW since late TBC in periods, most notably during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion where i did a bit raiding on a non roleplaying Tauren druid, However, I have got ONE single roleplaying character, a Draenei Mage on the live servers, whom i leveled to around 76 i believe until i quit WoW for various reasons. But hey, I'm back! And since Roleplaying was one of the things i appreciated the MOST on the live servers, I guess that's what I want to be getting into here as well, even though it's on a private server. I must say i'm rather excited about it, because i've never known any other Private server doing Roleplay, and the part i really like is that it's probably just going to be fun role-players around, something the live servers can't offer since a load of other players join up to play on the same servers as friends or just randomly pick a server that happens to be full etc. (Perhaps it was a mistake to pick the biggest one, hmm)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm Swedish, and well, my primary language is either Swedish or English. I can't really decide, because the language i speak with my family is Swedish, and the language i speak to myself is English,*hmpf.*

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into Warcraft through WoW, where a friend of mine played. My very first character was an Undead warrior called something really unestethic, "LucasIban" or something similar. I had just recently gotten out of Runescape, and I guess I still had feelings for it. (I named loads of other characters "Zamorak", and people just laughed at me).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I actually couldn't find any other server with focus on Roleplaying, so i actually decided to try it out. I still don't know the community very well and it's still something I want to try out at first, just to see what it has to offer.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like both storylines and relaxing tavern roleplaying, since the action part is something i've yet to really try out. I had a great guild focused on estethic activity, and we had a lot of fun together with a rather interesting (but laid back) story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This has been coming and going in periods, my first favorite was an Undead Rogue, just because of their pure awesomeness. I later moved on to Druids and became interested in nature magic, but for now I think i'll have to say the favorite is the Warlock, because of a growing interest for Demons and Hellish creatures. (I probably have a demon or two up in my head. *smiles*). I've yet to decided for a race, but probably something within the Alliance.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations is that it's an Active Roleplaying community, preferably on both the Horde side and the Alliance side. I know that's usually something rather difficult to pull through, but it'd be really interesting if there actually was active roleplaying on the horde side aswell. (That could perhaps get me to choose such a character instead, but we'll see about it)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To me, being respectfull is probably the MOST important thing about roleplaying. If respect doesn't work the roleplay will come along and ruin the fun for everyone. I actually know of a few cases where this occurred, and people tried to solve their OOC troubles ICC, completely without respect. Everything went sad and people around them just went out. It wasn't a very fun roleplaying experience

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I kneeled down before the shadowy figure standing before me. I stuttered a magical spell in an attempt to keep control of the situation, and it seemed to be I had actually accomplished the summoning of a demon. My hands were covered in blood, but it was all worth it. I had never been this terrified in my entire life, and it was exactly what I wanted. Ever since I had left the path of "light", excitement had been my major motivation to continue, and now everything was completed. I could finally make a single friend in this cruel world, finally a soul I can understand. Appearently, this demon did not think of it that way, and as I lost my concentration in excitement, I also lost control and everything around me went blurry.

(I'm sorry, I'm definately not in a writing mood, and writing stories isn't my strong side)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't think I have any further questions. Oh, there is one thing, and that's about the server rates. Is this a blizzlike server, or do you have any form of increment? It doesn't really matter to me, but I could figure it's a good thing to know.
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

The rates are increased, though I forgot how much exactly. Both the Alliance and the Horde see their fair share of RP. Oddly enough, it's pretty balanced out with the amount of characters on each faction. For your tavern RP needs, Booty Bay is almost always active, but other places like to get some love as well.

Hope you enjoy your stay!